How to transfer from AD Army to AD Air Force?

Hey all you AD Army and/or AD Air Force mamas! Do ya'll know how to transfer from AD Army to AD Air Force, and if that's even a possibility at this point? (I know everyone is cutting back everything)

My man seems to want to transfer and asked me to find info on how to do it, but I'm coming up with bubkus on Google and what not (there aren't many responses on it and the ones I've found are several years old) I have no idea why he wants to transfer yet, he just asked me to look it up. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• My husband looked into it a few years ago and basically what he found out is the Air Force does not want prior service Army.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• He should go talk to an Air Force recruiter. Is he set on joining the Air Force? Does he want to stay military, but not just not army...if that's the case and the Air Force doesn't pan out, have him talk to the recruiters of the other branches. I do know of people who have switched branches, but I'm not sure how it works. Recruiters would be able to answer your/his questions better. But, of course, be careful of everything that they say and take it with a grain of salt (I'm sure that you/he already know that, though). Good luck with the switch!
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• talk with a recruiter my husband went from army national guard to ad air force back in the mid 80's and air force reserve in the 90's...hes got over 23 years in and a master seargent in the reserves .....its possible but he needs to talk with the recruiters and explain why he wanting to switch,depending on his background,training they may say sure no problem or he may have to wait until he can reenlist..which usually isnt that long either.
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 7:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2011