How do you think the transition is going and the news conferences?

How do you rate the transition team so far? What about the new conferences? I give him an A- so far. I think it's going well and I like the open communication. Obama is doing well and I feel like he is very prepared to take over in January. What do you think?

akhlass

Asked by akhlass at 3:27 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think he's probably way ahead of us. I think he's doing fantastic. I hope I don't end up regretting voting for him. As for the media, there's nothing to twist or make fun of. We're getting our first black president and security is at its best. I dont think any bad coverage would be allowed until after the inogural ball (spelling) anyways. I think he's real and the media realates to that.
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 3:43 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Things are moving at a VERY fast pace, but really there's no time to delay. With all of the news conferences he's had so far, I think we're going to see a more communicative president. To some degree, I think that's because Obama is more comfortable speaking off the cuff than President Bush seems to be.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:46 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Obama.. Obama.. Obama!! I am such an Obama Mama and proud to admit it. He is doing a great job so far and does seem more open with his communication. I feel bad he may lose his blackberry though lol ... He will do a GREAT job
    Rose87

Answer by Rose87 at 7:50 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i dont think half of what he promised will happen....i doubt there will be much change. i dont know what to think and am just going to wait out the storm
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 8:08 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• It's all talk right now. He doesn't have any power to change anything until he actually gets into office.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I agree! It's all smoke and mirrors, and easy to say whatever you want until you really have to step up to the plate! He's not going to do anything that hasn't either already been tried, and failed, or simply can't because the economy won't allow it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Yes he can do something- but people to work!!!!!!!!!!!That's how economy will start up again.Start to build new roads. People need to work and have money ,then they will spend.
    Veterans who are goming back from Iraq need the best care what they can get. Not that everybody forgets about them and they are their own.
    What U.S. badly needs is world support again. I like the idea that he wants to use more U.N.
    Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 9:39 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• The government can't "put people to work!" The government needs to stop taking profits from the large and mid-sized companies (in the form of exorbitant taxes), and make it so companies can AFFORD to HIRE people!

Government jobs don't GENERATE money, they TAKE money. Infrastructure jobs need companies to bid on actually doing the work. They can hire all the people they want, but who's going to pay them?!

Forcing companies to pay higher minimum wages only causes companies to downsize not grow!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:23 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I'm sorry, but getting help from OTHER countries?! You mean like CHINA or SAUDI ARABIA?! China already OWNS us, and I read that SA will be the ones to bail us out of the $700 Billion bailout! Great! (sarcasm).

The UN?! They squander more money than the Fortune 100 companies in the USA!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Lorikeet if the Trickle down effect worked then walmart and the gas companies wouldn't have Millions of dollars while their workers get a low wage. Along with all of those other comapnies that can afford to be in every city but oh we have millions of dollars her 7.15 an hour. 7.40 or what ever an hour. Not that 75 an hour that they make.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 10:50 AM on Dec. 10, 2008