Sleeping

My 5 month old daughter has always slept through the night and recently she wakes up a few times during the night usually I will get up and put her pacifier back in her mouth and she will go back to sleep but the past few nights she will wake up in the middle of the night wide awake or crying.... Why would she start doing this all the sudden especially since she always slept through the night

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 3:48 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be a number of reasons. She could be starting to teethe. She could have an ear infection in it's first stages( no fever) and it hurts to lay down. She could just be trying to avoid sleep to explore life..ELMO, Mommy, light.. Try putting a couple pacifiers in her bed too. She'll find one and you won't have to get out of bed and she wont see/ hear you and want to get up. Is she eating plenty before she goes to bed? My son practically doubled what he was eating around 5-6 months.
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 3:54 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• teething is usally the number one answer. just deal with it. they will prolly have irregualar sleep episodes till like age 3yo, and even then there will be nightmeres and such.
    my fav saying is "the last good nights sleep i got was the night I conceived" lol
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 8:06 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Maybe she had a bad dream? My little guy often does.
    SinkorSwim913

Answer by SinkorSwim913 at 9:28 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• could be teething.
    lanesmommy08

Answer by lanesmommy08 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My daughter was sleeping through the night as well until she started teething. I started giving her teething tablets before bed and she immediatley started sleeping through the night again. I get the teething tablets at walmart they are called hylands homeopathic teething tablets.
    blackrain2784

Answer by blackrain2784 at 4:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2008