Hubby is using the silent treatment and it's really ticking me off.

Hubby is mad and won't tell me why!! He says if he has to explain it to me than it's not even worth telling me? This make no sense whatsoever. How am I supposed to know what's bothering him and come to an agreement if he won't even tell me? Everyonce in a while he does this, and its always over something very petty and small which only makes me angry. He is bipolar and I think this has a lot to do with it, but it's still not an excuse to treat me like I don't exist. Has anyone else had to ever put up with something like this? Sometimes I feel like he does it just to try and justify something when it shouldn't even be an issue in the first place.
And please spare the lectures or suggestions of leaving. If you are just going to bash, don't bother. Just move along to another question, I don't need the added stress, thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• i used to do that to my dh....but it would be over something he did that he knows he wasn't supposed to do, or something he didn't do that he was supposed to do.....we've learned to communicate though....
    Anonymous

• Has anyone else had to ever put up with something like this?

Only for a little while because I simply wouldn't tolerate it.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• LOL I thought that was a girl thing! Idk when us girls do this its because we want attention and we want to be asked what is wrong and we want our hubbies to figure it out. Maybe keep trying to talk to him about it. GL!

(By the way I was not bashing by saying that was a girl thing...I was just thinking if it were me and my husband I would be the one giving the silent treatment)
    Anonymous

• Yep. I usually give it right back to him too. If he's going to act like a juvenile and refuse to talk about it, then he is NOT deserving of my time and attention.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Yeah, i thought it was a girl thing too lol. Rosehawk, that's what i'm doing because if he's going to be childish then why am I going to get myself all worked up by trying to pry an answer out. That's what I usually do. It just drives me crazy and he knows it because i'm not the silent treatment type. I've got something to say, i'll say it. I swear he likes to push my buttons sometimes. AH!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• SO is like that. There is a book called How to Deal with A Passive-Aggressive Man. It might help or google the term.
    Anonymous

• Neither one of us are big silent treatment types. I would imagine it'd be more of a girl thing though. LOL I'd just keep asking him until he came clean with what's really bothering him. You're not a freakin mind reader!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Just tell him we're no tin hs anymore.........
    geminilove7

Answer by geminilove7 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• He's definitely doing it for the attention. Give him the attention this time, but look into self help books on communication in relationships. Get him reading one with you before he resorts to this childish routine again.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 8:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• my suggestion is to go on with other things and do all you can to not let it get to you. The silent treatment is not something my husband does, but at one time he played the card game magic all the time and I got so sick of it. I'd ask him to play less and he refused. Claiming that I was being unreasonable so he didn't have to.
    So I just started making special plans on his card game night.
    one night when he game home beaming that he'd skipped the game to come home and be with me. You should have seen the look on his face when I told him thanks, but that I already had plans that were too late to change and my ride was due any minute!
    Changed things a lot when he realized that I didn't rely on him for every breath I took.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Jun. 6, 2011