Tuition free

There is a program in my town that is offering tuition free classes for a few programs. One caught my eye, LPN. I attended college but dropped out for personal reasons and have been unable to pay my student loans off therefore they are in default. I'm trying to get them consolidated for easier payment of them but this has been a long process. I was thinking, why not try and get into this program, get my DD and I out of this financial hole we are in? The program is 9 months from October of this year until June of next. I have a few questions, has anyone attended a tuition free school? What was your experience? Did you have trouble finding a job after? Any LPNs willing to discuss their experience in the field and possible estimated starting pay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would check the accreditation. I have never heard of a LPN program that was only 9 months long (unless you already have all of the Pre-req's finished), even then most are 1 1/2- 2 years long. Also us it tuition free because you will be receiving a grant or is there some catch?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:05 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• The LPN programs are shorter than the RN program, they can run between 9 months and 18 months but most are a year. But I have never attended a tuition free school. An LPN would be a great start towards an RN degree! The pay will depend on your area, but here I think it's $12-15 (I have a friend with her LPN)

Answer by missanc at 3:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I would definatley do your research. A LPN is a great field. Good Luck!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 5:19 PM on Jun. 5, 2011