What if a strange man approached you 11 year old daughter

and said I am you father did you get my card, (and he was her father but she has never seen him before) she came running in all upset would you call the cops?? Or call him and tell him to stop being an ass??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• did YOU kknow he was coming to see her? Why was she alone in the front yard anyway?
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 2:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• She is 11 years old---- that is why she was playing outside alone, and no he doesn't see her ever., he happened to drive by and stoped in the road and backed up and pulled into the driveway.
    11 year olds can play outside alone, right??? Around here 10 year olds ride their bikes all over, I just started letting her do it last week.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• she's 11, why wouldnt she be allowed to be alone in the front yard? lol i would talk to him and explain to her who he is and tell hm next time to tell you before contacting her. is there any reason why he hasnt seen her?
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Yes, he should have definately talked with you before contacting her. I'm sure she was freaked out! I would call him and talk it over... sounds like there is more of an issue if she has never seen him before.
    mommasboys2926

Answer by mommasboys2926 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• he has only asked to see her three times, and I said no because it was once in 2002, 2006, and in 2008 if he only wants to see her that spradically, then why see her?? What if she saw him in 2002 when she was two years old and got attached and didn't see him again till she was 6, then again at age 8 and now again at age 11 I would think that she would wonder why he doesn't want to see her all the time. you know what I mean?? He only lives 4 miles away, he has to pass our house all the time to get in and out of town(he lives in the country and we live on the edge of town). He is a freak!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• He was out of line he should have called you first. At eleven she is okay to play in her yard alone.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:24 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Better believe I will call the cops!
    Why cant he she HIS daughter?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• A NO she is MY daughter I have raised her alone, for 11 years with no child support, I was awarded sole custody 11 years ago, and he can not come in and out of her life every few years, like he is the KING OF PARENTING, when he does nothing and knows nothing, and pays for nothing, I am thinking of her feelings it is better to have no father at all then one that only comes around every 5 or so years.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I wouldn't call the cops, I would def talk to him though and tell him how u feel about him doing that and how that is probably unhealthy for ur poor daughter! I would be so pissed at something like that! Now, that being said, if he keeps bothering her after you've told him ONCE, then I would call the cops!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 4:24 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• yeah I called him--what a douch
    I told him it was inappropriate and he didn't see how-- what a fool
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Jun. 5, 2011