Positive pregnancy test, then a negative digital 4 hours later

I took an equate brand hpt this morning and got a very faint line. I waited a little over 4 hours to take a digital test and it came back negative. Was the equate a false positive? Has anyone else had problems with the digital tests saying negative when you actually are pregnant?

Asked by kvanness0824 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• The amount of hormone in your morning urine is higher than in your afternoon urine. I bet you are prgnant and your afternoon urine just wasn't concentrated enough to turn the test positive.

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 2:17 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I have heard that digital tests can be less reliable. False positives are rare. I think the equate HPT was probably correct. I would wait a day or two and take the digital & another HPT with first morning urine. I think you are pregnant, congratulations!

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• If you read the paper that comes in the pregnancy tests itll tell you some reasons why it might come up positive. If you have ovarian cysts that could lead to a false line. I dont remember them all, just that one. But I agree with the others. Take another test in the morning and see what that says.

Answer by misspradlen at 2:41 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• i think you should retest in the morning, very first thing and see what it says. crossing my fingers for you!!

Answer by flamingomegs at 2:52 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Digital tests require nearly TWO TIMES the amount of hormone that most regular tests require. Wait 2 or 3 days and take it again with FMU.

• digital take more hpt, don't waist your money on them. but another equate or the answer ones and test in the morning with your first pee... bet its positive then.

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:16 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I took both of mine in the evening one was positive an one was neg.. This first one was pos. An then about 5 hours later it was neg

Answer by kiki637 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Hey, are you pregnant?

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 5:44 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• No I'm not :(

Comment by kvanness0824 (original poster) at 6:12 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Hoping you will be next month!

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 1:03 AM on Jun. 14, 2011