Too much caffine???

I cant go a day without a can of mountain dew. I try so hard not to drink it but i just crave it every day and if i dont get it i get really irritated and moody and sometimes i'll even get sick. I know alot of caffine is bad but 1 or 2 12oz cans a day? In your opinion is this bad? I just cant help the craving

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Food & Drink

• are you pregnant? I have the same problem but I am pregnant so I really have to watch it! I am actually sitting here sipping on Cream Soda and it is so yummy!!
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 4:31 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Well ya LOL i guess i forgot to put that. Im 33 weeks pregnant. I just crave it so much...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I think it kind of depends on the person. I know you can get addicted to it. I've had that problem. I had to actually cut out all soda for a while b/c the caffiene would give me headaches. But, then, coming off it was almost as bad; got headaches coming off it too. But, i drank soda while I was pregnant and never had a problem. My dr. told me to limit it, but never said I couldn't have it. I would think 1 is ok, 3 or 4 would maybe be a problem.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:23 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• if you feel its a problem do something about it.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 8:04 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I drank a lot of dr pepper during my pregnancies. I just can't help it and like you, i would get sick if I didn't. I still drink at least one coke a day now, sometimes two. You cannot just stop caffiene like that. The withdrawals are hell and it will make you sick. Do your best to cut back to one a day, but I don't think you should give it up all together unless you just want to. My thoughts.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:06 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• When you really have to worry is like the first 3 months of pregnancy because caffeine can actually cause a miscarriage. I drank Pepsi all through all my pregnancies...but one a day really should be all you drink. Try buying the mini cans, that's what I did, I would drink one of those a day and that is how I cut down on them!
    Lucremi

Answer by Lucremi at 2:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2008