Vegetable garden ... seeds?

I have leftover seed from last year ... will I get anything from them if I plant them this year? Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• The answer to this question is..... MAYBE! (I want to say it's a little late to start seeds but who knows with this weather we had)
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• A definite maybe. We plant a mix every year - this year all our sweet corn seed was new and 2/3 of it isn't coming up, but the old radishes/carrots/random others that we mixed for DS are coming up well. IMO it's always hit & miss, as even new seeds don't always come up.
    Anonymous

• If you stored them properly (dark, cool, dry place) you should get at least a 75% germination rate. If you stored them in a drawer somewhere you'll get anywhere from 0-75% ~ it depends on the seed and how much it was actually affected by the humidity and heat/cold.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 6, 2011