What is the likelihood of being pregnant with twins or triplets if showing at 2 months?

So my ma is having a baby.
But shes already showing.
I wasnt showing till about 4 or 5 months.
I always told her that she was going to have twins.
Also I heard that if youre up in age (shes 38) youre more likely to have more than one baby.
Is this true?
Thank you in advance!

ariaautumn08

Asked by ariaautumn08 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• every pregnancy is diff. i ddnt show till 4mnths with my first n i started showing (bloated LOL) at 6 weeks with this one :D
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 2:28 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• If she shows at 2 months then it's probably not the babies. Tell her to take an enema. Babies are too small at that stage to make a mom show even if there are two of them.
    Anonymous

• You show earlier after you already have children. She can get an internal ultrasound at the OBGYN & they can see how many babies there are, I had one at 6 weeks. As far as age goes, I think it's a myth. I'm 43 & due shortly myself & I showed earlier with this pregnancy & it's one baby. Best wishes to your Mom! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• At 5 months the uterus should be up to the belly button with a single fetus. Maybe she is bloated. I know a girl with twins and hell I got bigger with my 1 son than she did with her 2. I guess everyone is different and it will show up at her sonogram if there are a few in there.
    Anonymous

• I doubt it. I had twin boys three years ago and I didn't start showing until 4 months.
    ValMommy17

Answer by ValMommy17 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I was showing at 2 months with my second. It's just cause it isn't her first pregnancy, so she is going to show sooner
    Micki-Cook

Answer by Micki-Cook at 2:51 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Every one is different. I showed earlier with my son and this baby than I did with my first.

A few of the ladies in my due date group who are having twins definately had a baby bump around 8 or 9 weeks and other did not.

I started need maternity pants around nine or ten weeks this time because my bump was protruding so much that my regular jeans would not fit! Other could start to REALLY tell around 11 to 12 weeks.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I wore maternity clothes to my first appointment with all 4 of them. My first one I ended up looking like I was 5 or 6 months by the time she was born. The last one people didn't know I was pregnant (although she was born at 30 weeks). I started growing fast, but evened out. None of them were multiples.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:50 AM on Jun. 6, 2011