Read more: Schools to kids: You can be boys or girls or both???

Pro-family organizations across the nation are expressing shock and alarm over a new wave of homosexual indoctrination developing in public schools – especially in California – where parents are not even given the option of withdrawing their kids from the mandatory lessons on being "gay" or more.

"Young children are being taught that they can choose to be a boy or a girl – or both," said officials at Mass Resistance, one of the leading organizations across the country defending the fact that students are boys or girls.

"Boys, for example, should be comfortable wearing girls' clothes and nail polish, etc. And there aren't just two genders, there can be a range. And, of course, the school does not allow parents to opt their kids out," the organization said.

Read more: Schools to kids: You can be boys or girls or both http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=306493#ixzz1OQZ7CKuv

Your thoughts on this???

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 2:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• We live in a very messed up world.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Thank God I live in Idaho!!
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:38 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Other than the parents not being able to opt out of this, I think it's a good idea. This world could use a LOT more tolerance, understanding and compassion.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:38 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• This world could use a LOT more tolerance, understanding and compassion.

You can not be taught these things and still be tolerance. I was never taught that being gay was ok or being a man in a woman's body was ok or really taught anything about any of that stuff and i am tolerant. It doesn't matter if it is taught to you or not if your going to be tolerant to it or not. We need to take our damn kids back and quick letting them be programmed by our government.
    mrssundin

Comment by mrssundin (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I wish children here were taught that! We still live in a small minded backasswards town where only boys can play football and you have to be a girl to be on the dance team. These so called "pro-family" groups really chap my ass. Sure they are "pro-family" but only if your family fits what they feel it should be. Gods forgive you aren't the typical mother, father and 2.5 children. Or if someone is Gay, or transgendered, or special needs or "mentally ill"... And don't you dare belong to two different races or religions, they'll be knocking on your door...

Public schools are meant to teach the PUBLIC, and guess what they public includes everyone. So the idea that you can belong to ANY of those groups and still be NORMAL, HAPPY AND HEALTHY is something which they should be obligated to teach.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Public schools are meant to teach the PUBLIC, and guess what they public includes everyone. So the idea that you can belong to ANY of those groups and still be NORMAL, HAPPY AND HEALTHY is something which they should be obligated to teach.

but why are you letting the school teach them these things when you as the PARENT need to be the PARENT and teach these things to them your self???? Where does your role start as a parent and where does it end??? Do you not take any accountability for how your child will grow up or do you lay it at the feet of the public school system which by the way sucks as teaching the basics why add this crap in there??
    mrssundin

Comment by mrssundin (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I would not allow my young impressionable children to be 'taught' that or to hear that kind of brainwashing propaganda. It would never be mandatory where I live and if in some bizarro world it were to happen I would withdraw them from school before I would blindly follow some ridiculous stepping over boundaries state/government mandate about 'lessons' like that. Schools need to stick with teaching academics ONLY, reading, writing and arithmetic. With all the budget cuts schools are facing across the country adding another subject matter demonstrates their stupidity. 

meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Sure, it would be wonderful it parents taught these things. It would also be wonderful if parents taught sex education, finances, cooking, nutrition, how to work with your hands, the importance of art and music... yadda yadda... But guess what, PARENTS DON'T! I teach my children the importance of equality, how to care for themselves, sex education and more, and I'm told (on a regular basis by other parents) that I "over teach" because children don't need that knowledge... Couple that with the amount of parents out there who would prefer their children to be ignorant and intolerant because they are and you get what we have now, an entire generation who can't care for themselves, goes out of their way to stand up for injustice and make drama of nothing and can't figure out why...

If you feel no one but you should teach your children then homeschool! School is about more than teaching just math and reading! It's teaches life!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I don't agree.The schools are not teaching crap.The government is not teaching kids crap. They are teaching UNDERSTANDING and acceptance of differences. If you are not taught that at home, you will be a prejudiced person, 9 times out of 10. If you do not approve of what gays do and you do not want your children to accept gays and other differences in people either, then I guess you will have to home school. That seems to be the reason for home schooling anyway....keep the kids in the dark.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Another reason to be thankful we have the funds to send our children to private school.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2011