Ever had to get rid of a pet because you had to move?

My husband and I are having major difficulties finding a place that accepts our 3 year old Pitbull. We moved from the place we were that accepted him because the rent became too much for us, so right now we are staying at my parent's place until we find an apt that accepts dogs.

Have you been thru something similar?

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Pets

• nope, if I move they move with me. I will not get rid of a pet just because I am moving, to me that is a lame excuse to get rid of them. I will search until I find a place.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• yep. done it. I love my animals, but my family will come first. Lots of places will allow animals but not pitbulls.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 4:55 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• It's very difficult, and it may be a "lame" excuse but I was paying $830 a month for a 2 bedroom because it's the only place that accepted my dog and that's too much, entirely too much for my husband and I. So like the other poster said my family comes first but I am trying to find a place, hence I'm stuck with my folks again because of this situation....but I'm not sure how long I'm gonna stand it for.
    GomezMami2908

Comment by GomezMami2908 (original poster) at 6:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I never have. I gave up one pet when I was pregnant with my oldest son ~ never again. I loved that cat and I've spent all these years wondering. Sometimes it took some creative hunting, searching in nearby towns, etc. to find a place but never again would I dump one for anything. Just to clarify, the cat I gave to a farmer I knew had become terribly aggressive with everyone that came near me and I was afraid he would be that way with the baby. In retrospect, it was all of the abusive EH's 'friends' that were around and that was most likely the problem ...
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:57 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Can your mom keep the dog?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 6:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2011