My son sucks on his fingers all the time and his hand is getting dry...anything I can do about the hand?

He won't take paci. The other day grandma washes his hand with bar soap and make it all dry and sensitive, now it's flaky. Anything I can put on there to help with the flakes?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 2:49 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Go get some lanolin. You can ask the pharmacyto order pure lanolin, just make sure your baby isn't allergic to it first. Put some lanolin on your finger, your body heat will warm it up, It is way easier to apply when it's warm. Slather it on his skin, like when he is sleeping. In the morning the flaky skin will be gone. Nursing moms use lanolin on their nipples to soften them up for baby. It won't hurt him if he swallows some. Also, if he gets a runny nose or wind chapped cheeks, lanolin is the best for them too. My grandson is 11 yrs old. He sucks his bottom lip while deep in thought. MN winters really eats up his lower lip, to the point it turns into a sore. Lanolin worked wonders on his lower lip and chin. Good luck! Keep soap off his sucking fingers, soap and babies really don't get along well. Sijai

Sijai

Answer by Sijai at 4:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2011