My hubby is gaining weight, really, really bad.

Every weekday my hub tells me he will exercise with me. We will walk or ride a bike, even the stationary one at home. Like always, when the time comes he finds an excuse and changes his mind. This weekend I planned a bike ride on the beach for Sunday. Try as I might he didn't want to go. He went to Target instead to get stuff to snack on at work. He's a good dad, works hard, but for health reasons like weight gain and now feet and back problems he doesn't want to do anything. His doc said the problems stem from rapid weight gain 52 lbs.What would you do in this situation?

ladylovemm

Asked by ladylovemm at 3:02 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I would sit down and talk to him about his weight. I would tell him that I'm concerned for his health and I want him around for a long time for me and the kids. He needs to take care of himself so he'll be there for his family. I would concentrate on the health aspect vs the weight aspect.

Answer by missanc at 3:06 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Try to concentrate on his health as opposed to his weight. Good luck with that.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• aside from doing his shopping and eliminatimg his snack food purchases and serving SMALL meals at home, there is really not much you can do. He has to make up hs mind that he needs to change his eating habots.....amd realize that he is ruining his health. Explain that you will serve him small portions of healthy food ....no second servings,,and then you will have to hope he doesn't overeat when he is away from home, at work,wherever.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• It is all about metabolism. It seems like his is slowing down. How old is he?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:27 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• He is slowing down, and is middle age. Unlike most women, he would rather just read and work. I feed him small meals but I know he hits the fast food places when I'm not around. His family gains weight he older he gets and now it's him. What I can't stand is that he likes to blame me for what I cook, even in the pass.If I ignore his gain, then there is no problem. What I can't stand is that he wants me to always message his feet because they hurt (no diabetes) or his back yet won't exercise.
    ladylovemm

Comment by ladylovemm (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Maybe he can't do full intense exercise right now. So short little walks here and there can help. Healthy snacks to pick from. Getting on a budget where there isn't a lot of money for eating out can help too.

You can help- but at the end of the day, it's his body and he will be the one to decide how he wants to treat it.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:19 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• an intervention-- sit down, tell him how you feel
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 5:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Leave him asap Lol
    Anonymous

• LMAO
    ladylovemm

Comment by ladylovemm (original poster) at 6:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2011