If you had hair on your stomach and you have a dr's appt this friday and hes going to chek your tummy, would you shave it or nair it?

I hate the fact that everytime I have a dr's appt I have to nair and shave my entire body! its a major hassle and not to mention very messy! do any of you have an easier method?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Just stop doing it. I'm not embarassed to say that I have a hairy body. It's because of the races I have in me. It used to bother me but I don't care anymore. If my body hair is enough to make someone stop liking me, make fun of me, or just like me less, then good ridance to them, I don't need them in my life. Someone who goes around saying "OMG did you know marlyegirl has a HAIRY stomach???" is a total loser with NO life. Doctors of all people do not care about that sort of thing. I remember being in the hospital when I was in labor and I swear every nurse there saw me naked or had to help me pee in a bed pan! It takes up too much time and it just grows back faster than before. My advice is to stop worrying and be proud of YOU.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:12 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• BUT if you can't get over the anxiety of it then keep nairing it. Just do it in the shower for easy clean up. I don't like shaving cuz it made the hair grow back crazy. LOL
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:13 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I have a hairy stomach now that I am pregnant. I have thought about shaving it but NAH. I do pluck the long ones if they are bothering me but hey...it's my dr, not my lover. Who's there to impress?
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 6:13 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• the more you shave it, the more the hair gets.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:34 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I have a hairy stomach pregnant or not pregnant. Being pregnant right now though, the hair is darker and more noticeable and more annoying >:( But it's fine and blonde when I'm not pregnant. I've learned to ignore it. My boyfriend doesn't notice or give a crap, so therefore I don't either. I know my doctor won't remember or care that I have hair on my tummy either, that's not what he's looking at, lol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:50 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• simple enough here: dont do it. it doesnt matter. they dont care, you dont need to impress them. go as a hairy ape and nothing will be said.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 7:58 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Ha! Well as a nurse I know that many women have hair on their tummies pregnant or not. I have seen it over and over. When I examine someone professionally, I do not even think about it or judge.

But.... when it comes time for me to see my OB doc or ultrasound tech, you had better believe that I pull out that razor and shave my barely hairy preggo belly. I did it just yesterday for my ultrasound. It just made me feel better about myself and it was one less thing a person could judge me by.

Our crazy female hormonal heads, just do what makes you most comfortable!

girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 8:08 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I think it's fairly safe to say that your doctor has seen his share of hairy bellies and probably much worse than you can imagine =) Your doc won't care and even if he did, I doubt he'd ever say a word.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 8:10 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Take it from someone who worked in the medical field....they do not care. They have seen it all and worse. If removing the hair is a hassle...forget about it. Your Dr. will not think twice about it.
    MamaDiane

Answer by MamaDiane at 8:42 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• trust me, your doctor has seen worse.
    3lilgems

Answer by 3lilgems at 8:55 AM on Dec. 10, 2008