How do i become normal again? adult content

i separated from my ex h about 2 years ago & since then haven't had a sex drive or sex. i don't still love him because before we separated i didn't even want to have sex with him. i am in my late 20s so age isn't a factor. all i want to do is finish college & provide for my children. i don't desire to do anything w out my kids which means i don't go out. how do i be normal again??

mrsary

Asked by mrsary at 4:40 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• I think it just takes time. Right now you are busy with college, and you are focusing on your children and spending quality time with them. Maybe when college is done, and the kids are a bit older and you are 'settled', things will change and you might start to develop an interest in dating (or being more social and going out w/o kids).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• You are normal. You just have lots of responsibilities right now and are too smart to complicate your life any more right now. I would advise learning to give yourself pleasure to keep in touch with your sexuality during this difficult time. Been there--done that.. Hang in there.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 4:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Late 20's/early 30's are when a woman's sex drive is suppose to be highest. This does NOT mean there's something wrong with you. Just sounds like you're stressed out trying to take care of the kids and work, etc. Plus, the less you have sex, the less you desire it (no matter your age).
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Start talking to guys...i made a POF profile and even if most are scum it's still nice to be told your pretty or whatever. I met 1 guy on there there and we did date a little while, but it didn;t work. look at it like you need some fun it';s okay to have a night for just you to have fun it will actually be good for your kids to see you have a socail life..just dont be like some moms and bring that socail life home with you.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Could you be depressed?
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 4:47 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• i think you just haven't found that special someone who makes your juices flow. I had no sex drive until i met my DH. I swear...his pheromones were making me horny from across the room. You will one day find that guy who does that to you....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:47 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• To be honest my sex drive was less than it is now. I'm 30 now and truthfully I'm more into it now. Maybe it is an age thing.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I would be totally thankful. I am a Christian and have wondered what would happen if I lost my dh. Would I fall into sin because of lack of sexual activity? I would be very glad that I did not have a sex drive at the moment. You go!!!
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 7:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I think you should reevaluate your view of normal and why you feel this overwhelming need to be a parrot/ robot. I mean come on! Normal is just a societal average and how can you have 2.5 kids anyway!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 7:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Ms.Gwen who has 2.5 kids??
    mrsary

Comment by mrsary (original poster) at 7:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2011