Why do i have swollen feet now and and not before? Im 8 months preg

Any way i can help not get swollen feet?

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 5:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Cut down on your salt intake, drink more water and when you're resting put your feet up make sure your feet are high up
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 5:06 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Yep what the last Mommy said and it is usually something that happens towards the end of pregnancy.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I only swelled at the last 10 days! It could be soon, mama!!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I dont eat foods with alot of salt and i drink water all day long so just wondering why i am swelling
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Ughhhh you and me both sista lool... It's not just my feet, my hands as well!
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• If its really bad it can be from high BP go check it...that's what happened with my 1st. I couldn't even put my shoes on! Some swelling is normal though but always good to get it checked out.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• The best way to deal with excess fluid is not to restrict it, but to mobilize it. Keep it from staying in areas that cause the most discomfort, such as in the legs, feet, fingers and abdomen. Assisting the kidney function is one way of doing this. Rest and fluids are the two best ways to help the kidneys rid themselves of excess fluid.

1. Put your feet up. Keep your legs elevated whenever possible. And don't cross your legs! Any time you get off your feet, pressure is reduced on the inferior vena cava and the iliac veins, so the blood can get back up and not pool in the extremities. Renal blood flow is improved as well.

2. Lie down. It is important to rest on your left side as much as possible. Not just at night, but for several 30-minute periods throughout the day.
    3. Drink up. Have at least six to eight, eight ounce glasses of water, juice or milk every day. This keeps the kidneys functioning properly.
    4. Take a walk. Wh
    sweet11-12

Answer by sweet11-12 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2011