Need advice about potty training

im trying to potty train my 2 year old daughter. She is using pull ups but she still wont go on the potty so whats the point in pull ups? She has pooped in there and had a wee in there once but thats it. Is it better to just put nickers on her and let her go in them so she knows when to go or keep trying with the pull up. She has said she had needed to have a wee aswell but once she sits on there she dont go. Am i doing something wrong? she needs to be out of nappys before september when she starts nursery.

emma133

Asked by emma133 at 5:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe she isnt ready. Give her a couple months and try again.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• she needs to be out of them before sep tho unless nurserys change nappies do they? and its not a private nursery.
    emma133

Comment by emma133 (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Only one of my kids treated pull-ups like underwear. The other two used them like a diaper. The book, Potty Training in Less Than a Day, (the one written in the 1970's) has some great ideas for quick training.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Well, its summer time a great time to potty train. You can use cloth training pants and take her shopping to pick out big girl panties with her favorite characters on them. Or you can let her run around naked. The important thing is for her to be uncomfortable with wet underwear. You should also make time to sit on the potty even if she doesn't need to go. you can also try prizes. with my son he got to put a stamp on his hand every time he went pee. When he went poop on the potty he got a sticker. If he got 10 stickers, we had a treat. Yes there will be accidents. there will be gross underwear to clean up. But it's tried and true. It will work. good luck!
    tomib

Answer by tomib at 5:30 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• 2 is pretty young...kids are all different. don't force it she will do it when she is ready. I would get big girl panties only use diapers/pull-ups at bed time
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• My daughter learned to potty with help from this movie...http://www.amazon.com/Bear-Big-Blue-House-Potty/dp/B0002J4ZKK/ref=sr_1_30?ie=UTF8&qid=1307309801&sr=8-30.

My son however, we a slow learner. He refused to potty in the chair until he was almost 4 yrs old.
    LAKirby7

Answer by LAKirby7 at 5:38 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Pull ups were a GREAT money-making invention by diaper companies. They actually extend potty training, which means people buy more and more.

You want to help baby potty train earlier, stop using pull-ups, actually stop using disposables altogether. Cloth training pants, those are the ticket.
    lifetimelove

Answer by lifetimelove at 6:57 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• i was told not to use pull ups but at night time because they are too much like diapers ...for me it was easier just to buy big girl panties ones i knew shed like and i cut down on her liquids for awhile til she got use to going potty and every time she went potty like a big girl we gave her some type of candy..that workd for goin pee but as far as pooping that took awhile.....good luck
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:47 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I get this questions from many moms! Today I answered a similar question. I posted it on my parenting coach page. Here's the link. I hope it helps you! http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=200932789952966
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 8:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2011