Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

here is the bottom line Havana was born only 2 weeks early

she has fallen on hard floors so she hold on on wooden floors had many ear infections which all slowed her development . when she failed her hearing test at 11 months we began OT therapy speech and gross motor . her progress gets better daily she benn tested for almost everything but all come back negative, new tubes are going in her ear this friday .she rejected her first , Havana said words earlier now it seems she forgot I'm thinking the ear infections. She cruises crawls stands and plays but until now she had trouble feeding herself or walking along, he speech now is two words 4 sings, please tell me if you have experienced this , she acting and looking like 12 months she is 19, what is she so slow learner?

Answer Question

Asked by youmakemydreams at 5:41 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Has she been evaluated by a developmental pediatrician? If she's behind developmentally, you want to address it sooner rather than later.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

  • If she is behind, her doctor can refer you to Early Intervention. You can even do some research and get a hold of them yourself if the doctor won't help. It's a no cost birth to three program. My daughter was premature, so automatically qualified for services. She receives speech, physical, occupational, and vision therapy. It has worked wonders for her.

    Answer by lovinmystar at 10:46 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

  • Being born 2 weeks early isn't why she is having problems. All three of my kids were born 3 weeks early and are fine. My son has a speech delay but is getting a lot better.
    Talk to your pediatrician about all your concerns. He can refere you to the Children's Hospital and your little one can be evaluated in a lot of different areas. If they find that your little one is really behind, they will then refere you to a specialist that will help.

    Answer by Tired-Mom at 4:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.