is it safe to take monistat for a yeast infection while pregnant?

i normally don't get yeast infections. it only seems to happen when i am pregnant. i am 22weeks along and i just saw my ob last week but i didn't have the infection then so that's why i didn't ask him. a friend told me about monistat and that it was ok to use. should i go ahead and use it? it's the one you take before you go to bed if that makes a difference.

mugnolo86

Asked by mugnolo86 at 6:04 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-5 Credits)
  • call the on call dr.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 7:50 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• yes I wouldn't take anything unless you have doctors' approval. Sometimes they can prescribe a medicine to kill the bacteria that is safe for you and your baby. He might also want to run a test to make sure that is what you have.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 8:14 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I called my doctor with the same question, he said that since it is topical it is fine. BUT every pregnancy is different and EVERY doctor is different. Call and ask.
    jspy72

Answer by jspy72 at 8:36 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• thanks so much! i will give him a call.
    mugnolo86

Answer by mugnolo86 at 9:01 AM on Dec. 10, 2008