Has anyone ever heard of this?

I took a seminar called the five love languages a couple of weeks back and i received a book called "The 5 Love languages The Secret to Love that lasts" by Gary Chapman. And at first i was real skeptical about how this was gonna work. I was open to it but i didn't think that DH would be. But i have to say that i have noticed a HUGE change in our relationship. So i was wondering if anyone else has heard of this and maybe want to share wether or not it has been working for them?

amberpaiz

Asked by amberpaiz at 6:14 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• Ms. Gwen, basically, it is all about the 5 love languages of people. Words of Affirmation (you would rather be told how you are doing a great job, etc.), Quality Time (would rather spend time with him), Receiving Gifts (would rather get a nice, thoughtful gift), Acts of Service (would rather him go and do some housework), and Physical Touch (not just about sex, like being touched, caressed, etc., and in more than just a sexual way).

Basic summaries of each. There is a website too. Just google the book's name.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 6:50 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I have had friends that have done it they say it works well :) I am gonna keep it on hand with my bo :)
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 6:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• My husband and I took it at a local church right after we got married! It was wonderful! We ended up going to a Christian bookstore and getting another book to help our new marriage! We are still very much in love today!
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 6:20 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I haven't taken the seminar but while DH and I went through counseling we did read the book and it helped A LOT!
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 9:38 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• we have that book. It did help but the best book I know sounds cheesy is men are from Venus and women are from mars. lol seriously that book helped. :)
    amanda_23

Answer by amanda_23 at 5:58 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• cmglll that is so awesome!!
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• My family doctor literally prescribed the book to me two days ago! I've never heard of it before. Can you sum up the thesis for me at all? What's it about?
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 6:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Very awesome book. Read it back in college to find out what my love language is (Gifts). Had to pick it up when it was on sale at Waldenbooks' going out of business sale. LOVE it!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 6:47 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• And i have to add that it really works!!! just give it time and really keep your mind open to trying these and you will be amazed at the results!!
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• so glad to hear it ladyeb!
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2011