What is good ideas to keep the little ones entertained while out of school?

djavongirl

Asked by djavongirl at 6:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• i like to mix in a little of learning with my summer activities this year the school made that easy for me by sending the kids home with journals and if they wrote in them they get prize when they return to school. You could do something like this and at the end of the summer have a special prize for them and it helps keep them learning so they dont forget over the summer. And surprisingly my kids don't complain about having to do it either they actually like it!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 6:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• going to the park,having picnics,swimming,playing in the yard,going to the library
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 6:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• The movie theatre where I live has $1 movies every tue and thurs for the summer it's old movies but still good to get out of the house...the pool,park,arcades
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 6:22 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I will defiantly try some of those girls they are so squirely today I think I am gonna sell them LMAO!!
    djavongirl

Comment by djavongirl (original poster) at 6:27 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Vacation Bible School. Churches in my town space them out so that there is one nearly every week. It's free for the kids to attend and I know it is a safe environment.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• hiking :D i loved hiking i have to wait till next year to do this though lol
    going swimming, having just a fun "water day" with the hoses and a little blow up pool and water balloons

camping (doesnt have to be far just in the back yard maybe) having a camping like experience in the yard like making smores and grilling eating outside, sleep overs in a tent in the yard
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 7:52 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I would do the VBS thing but I will have to find a decent church for that a LOT of folks are judgmental cause my son has ADHD, but he is on a low dose of medicine that seems to help a lot and lots of structure
    djavongirl

Comment by djavongirl (original poster) at 7:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Like amberpaize's answer. That's good advice.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 8:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Hi, djavongirl:
    I know your son would be welcomed with arms wide open to any VBS. Go for it. : ) (I work in VBS each year...we long to have kids come.)
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 5, 2011