Depression and feeling like I'm not worth anything

also feeling like I am a failure and don't deserve my boys or husband and that they could do better?

I get out and walk every day; read my bible every day; meditate several times a day and pray several times a day but still have these feelings(partly because I am told this by different people). I take medication for my depression and have had therapy and none of it seems to work

Please use kind words and if you can't say something helpful or decent then please don't leave a response just to get points.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Health

• you sound like you might be depressed. Maybe reaching out to some friends and having a coffee date? Not with the ones that are putting you down. Sometimes it helps to surround yourself with positive people.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 6:19 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• :( well leasts you has us if you need a friend message me and I will do my best. I have those moments too, but you might have depression I am no doctor there are some herbal remedies available that might get over the blues I know St. John's Wart is one of them I can see if I can find a list for ya :)
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 6:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Yeah, you might be depressed. Once I got help, it totally changed my outlook.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 6:22 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I understand. I have felt this way before also. I was "depressed". You really need to talk to someone and get these feelings resolved. I can't imagine what or who said things to you to make you believe that you are not worthy. Whatever it is....it isn't true. Maybe you have some things you need to work on?? We all do at some point or another. I'm sorry you're feeling this way and you're welcome to chat with me if you want. I can completely relate!!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 7:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• How long have you been on your meds? Are you also in therapy? Medication alone is not usually enough to defeat depression and it can take any where from weeks to months for medication to make a noticeable difference.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 11:00 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• You have to learn to love yourself first and foremost, who tells you that you are not worthy?

Answer by older at 6:20 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I have no family or friends to reach out to either
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• You might go to meetup.com and search for groups in your area to join like bible groups, reading groups, any interest you have. it really can lift your spirits to be out and about with others. hug.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 6:45 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• why are you being so hard on yourself? please friend me so we talk...i have been there.
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 6:47 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• To me it sounds like you are depressed. I've been there too. Talk with your doctor about taking something. Maybe you can join a bible study group and meet some people with similar interests.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 8:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2011