Who grills better, you or dh?

I know it is considered a man's job and when we have company I let dh grill but I'm much better at it. Could be because I know how we like our food and how to make it that way. I give him instructions on how to grill particular things otherwise he kills it:(

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Me, because I
    (a) understand searing then reducing heat to lock in juices
    (b) know that resting meat continues to cook
    (c) don't aim for well-done (and still over cook because of b!)

But, I let my husband have domain of the grill because it brings him joy. I just am judicious in when and what I suggest we cook on it ;-)
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 10:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Me, his burgers look like hockey pucks
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• me the last time my dh grilled the grill almost burned his hair off and the neighbors kid was like "look daddy! Fire" he was so embarrassed
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I have never attempted it. My hubby loves to grill and he is a crowd pleaser so I just let him shine. If you are better, I say take over the grill!
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I laughed at RedDahlias response because that's how my husbands hamburgers look, but he can bbq steak and chicken, lol
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 6:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Over gas: Hubby (it's all he's ever grown up with) Over charcoal briquettes or campfire: Me (it's all I ever grew up with)
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Me, however, I HATE lighting the grill, I won't do it...I'm so scared of lighting the gas, lol...so, Dh does and he grills too. He's not as good as me, but not so bad that I bother taking away his job. I do back seat grill, however...reminding him on cook times, high heat/low heat, etc... That is basically DH's contribution to cooking...and let's face it...I do all the prep, marinate it, skewer it, season it, whatever, and also make all the sides, he's getting away easy.

gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:38 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• husband does
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:13 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I have never even tried. DH likes to grill and so I just let him take care of it.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 10:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I do. He overcooks everything.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:14 PM on Jun. 5, 2011