Miltary question???

I have a Associates degree as a Medical Administrative Assistant and i want to join the miltary, i wanted to know if any of you knew which one would be best for me to put my degree to use in. I have my heart set on joining the Air Force but the recruiter i talked to said i wouldn't be able to use my degree, so now i am looking at other options. so if anyone knows anything, please let me know thanks in advance.

libas.mommy

Asked by libas.mommy at 6:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• Wow, Air Force was my 1st thought. I'm retired Army and thoroughly enjoyed it but with your degree you could end up in Afghanistan or Iraq.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 6:37 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Go Air Force. No matter what any recruiter says, go Air Force. I was Army.

Every year each branch of the military gets X amount to spend on troops and equipment. The Army, Navy and Marines spend it all on equipment and the troops get nothing. The Air Force spends it all on troops and then asks for, and gets, more for equipment.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:40 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• With a medical degree, I would look into the Navy too. We have lots of Navy Corpsmen here and they all love their job.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 6:47 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I was a navy corpsman for 12 years. It's a good way to go if you are looking to stay in the medical field. I was an HM A school instructor and can tell you that you start at the beginning just like you would someone out of boot camp regardless of a degree. Lots of students went through who had an Associate's in something. So the AF recruiter is correct in saying you won't use your degree to advance your career. All of the service medical training is merging into one training command in San Antonio.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I never thought about the navy but i will look into it as an option thanks
    libas.mommy

Comment by libas.mommy (original poster) at 7:01 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• My friend is and RN and he is going Navy if that helps
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 8:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• You can talk to more than one AF recruiter...talk to another one! You might also look into the Guard..there are great opportunities there.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:26 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I dont know about the other services, but my husband and both my brothers are ad army. There are alot of opportunities in the army for advancement, and education. I look at it this way. The army has the most members, and encompasses alot more, and there are more opportunities because of it.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 11:34 AM on Jun. 7, 2011