sleep troubles

My ds is 6 months old. He was on a schedule, up at 7 breakfast8 bottle10 lunch 12 bottle2 dinner4 bottle 6 bed at 8. he had bottles with every meal and bed time, he took usaul naps before and after lunch.
He has gotten sick and stoped eating solids just bottles, But now is all healthy again and is eating solids again. But his sleeping has gotten worse, his naps before lasted an hour to 2 hours now im lucky if he sleeps half hour. and befor ehe would sleep threw the night and now hesleeps about an hour then wakes up.
I have tried everything, pacifer roll in new postion rub is back, let him cry it out.
But its been 2 weeks and still he is up every dam hour.
I am thinking of atartin ghim with an some oatmeal before bedtime, the rice cereal he gets now in a bottle just doesnt seem tobe cutting it.
Doctor says when he is ready he will sleep. But I need him to sleep so i can.....
Any suggestions????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can not force the issue. If baby isn't going to sleep baby isn't going to sleep. Hang in there. Sleep will come but it is a developmental milestone reached in baby's own time. Don't forget by trying some sleep training methods you could actually be setting your self back quite a bit. By using CIO you may have broken a trust issue leading to the constant waking to make sure mommy is still there. Go to baby, love baby, feed baby (it is also growth spurt time & nighttime feedings may be necessary), see if this rebuilds a trust allowing baby to sleep as he use to.

BTW Cereal IN the bottle is attrotious! There is absolutely no reason why you should be giving your child cereal in a bottle. Food is for practice not nutrition so you are missing the purpose of giving cereal. Feed baby cereal with a spoon NEVER in a bottle.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• why are you putting rice in his milk? Thats probably your biggest mistake. Maybe your giving him gas the poor lil baby trying to suck so hard to get the milk bc u stuffed up his bottle.
    SinkorSwim913

Answer by SinkorSwim913 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My son started doing the same thing. I tried letting him CIO, paci, rocking him, making his room darker, & nothing worked. He wouldn't nap longer than 45 minutes and he used to nap 2 hours. Just get him up when he starts crying during his nap,& EVENTUALLY he will start sleeping longer. It took my son 2 months to start sleeping his regular nap times.
    On the night time thing.I wouldn't suggest getting him out of bed AT ALL during the night.If he cries and wont stop go in comfort him and leave out.DONT get him out of his crib because he will think Oh its time to get up & for you that means Oh its time for mom to get up.Most likely the cause of him not sleeping well during his naps or at night is because he is teething.Try giving him some baby oragel or teething tablets before naptime and before bed. Maybe a little tylenol if you are thinking he is teething, which he probably is at 6 months.
    lanesmommy08

Answer by lanesmommy08 at 9:55 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• As much as you need sleep and want him to sleep, you cannot force it. Your baby will fall asleep on his own.

To me it sounds like teething because he only wants liquids. You need to pay attention to his symptoms when he wakes and try placing rubbing his gums with your finger. If he calms down, he is teething. Give him very little Baby Orajel and he should fall back asleep.
    Cene

Answer by Cene at 11:52 AM on Dec. 10, 2008