Do you believe this?

I just read a post on another site saying, " I want my morning coffee in peace. Keep your bratty kids out of Starbuck's!!!" What do you think about this? I think everyone has a right to be there and realize parents andkids aren't perfect.

jekr43

Asked by jekr43 at 6:31 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Just for Fun

• hehehe...you gotta admit, it's kinda funny. A caffeine-starved Starbucks junkie trying to push through the line just to get pinched or wiped on by a toddler? I have been there and I, too, wished the brats would just disappear.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 6:41 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I say if you want peace and quiet with no kids and you are going to a major cororation/establishment perhaps you should consider buying said coporations coffee in the bags at the local supermarket, get a nice coffee maker, make yourself a nice cozy area to hang out in at home and have your coffee there. Oh and you better do it before your own kids get up.
    That is what I think of that. ;)
    I mean there are some places of course like fine dining or whatever that are obviously geared for adults, but Startbucks is not one of them, so yes I think bringing kids is okay.
    upintrees

Answer by upintrees at 6:43 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• LOL your point was a much better point/take on the question than mine was mammamia. Very true indeed. I have in fact been there. Perhaps I just ate my words?
    Nahhh LOL
    upintrees

Answer by upintrees at 6:44 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• HAHAHA....nahhh no eating words. You're all good! I have an 8yo and she KNOWS not to act up in public especially where grown-ups ARE trying to enjoy themselves and relax. Plus, she knows no Creme Frapp for her if she misbehaves..hehehehehe bribes.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 6:47 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• It really doesn't matter what bratty kids do as long as it doesn't effect me. Can't abide violence or screaming. but I feel sorry for Moms with bratty kids. I remember going places, alone with 3 cranky little boys. Once I brought a fly swatter to the barbers with me so they would all behave in the chair and while they were waiting their turn. lol I luv children and animals anyway so it really isn't a fair ? to ask me. Of course I never used a fly swatter on my children.
    lakewinds

Answer by lakewinds at 6:50 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• if you want your coffee in peace buy it and go home or sit in your car. When out in public there are going to be kids you just have to deal with it.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 7:03 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• If she wants her coffee in peace she should either go through the drive through or learn to make a half way decent cup at home and not plague the world with her nonsense.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 7:16 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• if they want their morning coffee in peace then THEY should stay home
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:23 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• and for the poster that said that they feel sorry for moms with bratty kids: not being rude,but if it wasn't for the parents letting them get away with it then they wouldn't be bratty. my kids act like fools at home but they have never and i do mean never acted out in public and they never would they no the consequences and i would never have it. those parents need to get a grip on their children and set the rules for when it is appropriate to run and jump and play and when it is not
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:27 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• its not a place i would being my kids to, to many things to get into and to crowed. so yea i agree with it.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 7:44 AM on Dec. 10, 2008