any suggestions for dry hair?

i have tried all kinds of shampoo and conditioners and they didnt work. after my hair dries its all poofed out and dry. got any ideas let me know.

Theresa65882

Asked by Theresa65882 at 7:04 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• My hair gets like that often. I have naturally curly hair and my hubby likes straight. When it's condition gets really bad I get packets of Henna N Placenta. You can find them at walmart and walgreens. It REALLY helps my hair out!!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 7:11 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I find that using pantene pro v can really help my hair when it's dry.
    xxPaulaxx

Answer by xxPaulaxx at 8:39 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• mayo and egg 25 minutes! I swear by it.
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 9:00 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I use the sleek system by avon...fairly cheap, and seems to do the trick for me. I've seen a drastic improvement in my hair over the past 2-3 months. I also use a straightening product called CHI you can find it at headstart or at some other salons...it comes in a red bottle and will last several months! My hair is now baby soft and it used to be dry, frizzy, and damage! Hope things get better :)
    bamaunicorn

Answer by bamaunicorn at 9:34 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i mayo is great. lol. sounds weird, but alot of people i know swear by it too. its supposed to make your hair soft, smooth and shiny. =D
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 1:15 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My sister does hair and she recently told me they are using olive oil for dry hair and scalp. I have also used mayonaise(smelly but, effective). Put either on at night with cap and wash out in the morning.
    aimjamie

Answer by aimjamie at 5:15 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I am a hair dresser. I have to say that Pantene is the worst thing you can do for your hair. At first it is great because it coats your hair with silicone so it is shiny and soft. After a while it gets so dry. Same for Aveda.
    The best thing you can do is to stay away from Protein packs too. I agree with the olive oil treatments if you don't want to buy salon stuff. I work at Supercuts. We carry an amazing deep conditoner called "its a 10". My daughter begs me to put it in her hair and let her sleep with it on. It is $30. But that is worth it. We only use it once a week and it lasts about 2 months.
    chelseaa

Answer by chelseaa at 4:03 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• This is the best thing you can do for dry hair. Do this once a week. Mix together a spoonful of mayo, a spoonful of plain yogurt, an egg and a tablespoon or so of olive oil. Put it in your hair and leave it for about 20 minutes. I swear by this recipe. I use a hair dryer just about everyday and NEVER get split ends. The measurements aren't exact, but after you've used this recipe a few times you'll get the hang of how much you need. And don't worry about smelling like mayo, the yogurt counteracts it and you smell sweet.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• omg dove..go fresh...after a few days....it gets so soft. get the green kind tho. i swear by that stuff!@
    tiffany275

Answer by tiffany275 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• lol you sound like me.. I have found the products that saved me.. you can see in my pic! LOL Arbonnes Detox Hair Mask! I love this product and so does hubby now! LOL www.passion4more.myarbonne.com to see it.
    KimArbonne

Answer by KimArbonne at 7:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2008