Your story..

how far along was you when you found out you was pregnant? And also did you actually miss your period? Just curios for everyones story

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• i was about 6wks..didn't miss my period. i mean, i wasn't looking for it; i'm not one who's ever kept track of the days, KWIM?
    i was chatting online with an ex and we were talking about our individual futures..would we ever find 'the one'? will we find him/her before we're too old to have kids? did we wants kids?..that kind of thing.
    it made me think, ''hmm..when was my period?''..oh snap! so i put out my cigarette, swallowed the rest of my third beer..yup..and went to Walgreen's.
    Positivo!
    that's my story. HAHA!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• oh, i might add..i'd just broken up with my then-bf a week prior. so, upon finding out i was pregnant, i talked to the ex again. he said, ''if it were me, whether you want him back or not, i would want to know if i fathered a child.'' so, i called my 'donor', and told him. we sort of spent the next couple months in a daze, figuring out if we wanted to be a family, or just parents of a child.
    we've been married 6yrs this July. i guess we decided to be a family, after all. :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• With my first I was almost three months along. I actually went to the doctor to see why I wasn't getting pregnant(tried for a year). While checking me she asked if I missed my period, I told her know. I had to take a pregnancy test it came up negative. Did an ultrasound(thought I had a cyst or something) negative. We scheduled another ultrasound for a couple weeks later. Before my ultrasound I was getting some bad cramping and had to go to the ER. The did blood work and I found out was 3months preggers. My second one I knew before I missed my period. Went to the doctor asked for a blood test, they thought I was crazy. The next day I get a call saying I was pregnant and I wasn't quite a week yet. Now I got this same feeling again...... Only thing is I got my tubes tied 6months ago. But I got this strong feeling........
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 7:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• With this current pregnancy it was a TOTAL surprise. I was feeling like I was really getting sick, everything smelled bad to me and I was Soooo tired. I thought I was getting the flu. One morning I woke up so dizzy that I was actually scared. That day, I had to take a nap while my toddler was napping. All of a sudden I woke up from a deep sleep & said to myself "OMG! I haven't gotten my period" & I was almost 2 weeks late! I ran & took a really old pregnancy test that I had from years ago & BAM! Two bright pink lines! I almost had a heart attack! I am 43 & have been married for 18 years! I called my DH & he was speechless & said he would pick up another test on the way home. It was positive too! LOL! Well we are VERY Happy with this surprise & we have a baby girl coming in a few weeks! :) Best wishes to you!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• About 8 months into TTC #1, I found out that I had endometriomas on both ovaries. After taking medication (a pill that was injected under the skin of my abdomen every month) that put me into menopause for 6 months and having surgery, we were back to TTC #1. About 3 months and two ovulation predictor kits later, my period was late. I waited until it was 3 days late and tested. It was +.

Eight years, 4 miscarriages and 11 infertility cycles later, I got a call from the clinic.  The dFET cycle had worked!  My hormone level was so high, I was definitely pregnant with multiples.  At age 45, I gave birth to our twin sons.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 7:57 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I was a week or so late, bought an E.P.T. and got a positive. That was my son.

I was a week or two away from my cycle and my hubby knew I was preggo. After my cycle was due and didn't come I took another E.P.T. and got a positive. EVERYONE said I glowed while pregnant with my daughter.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:22 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• With my first, I wanna say I was 9 or 10 weeks. I don't remember. With my second, I found out at 6 weeks. Yes, I missed my period with both.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:13 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I just knew. I hadnt even skipped a peeiod before telling my SO that I was pretty sure I was pregnant. He was in denial, and thought I was just being silly. We waited a week, took a test, and it was positive. She wasnt planned, but she was very wanted. We had a names picked out for our future kids already, she just came earlier than expected. She is now the joy of our lives :)
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 10:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• TTC #1: on a 35 day cycle i tested at day 30 or 31 i believe, and with the second i tested at 11 dpo.
    babymaycker

Answer by babymaycker at 12:06 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• i turned 17 on may8,08 an tested june 12,08 went to stay with my mom for her birthday an i had a knot come up on my side so she sent me to the dr while she went to memphis an i call my bf then an tld him an he called my momma on june 16 her birthday of all days
    kiki637

Answer by kiki637 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2011