Custody question

im divorced. ex and i have been in court for the past 4 years. he really screwed up and had supervised visitations and now his visitations are on hold all together. my current dh and i have seperated and i am staying with my parents for a bit. my ex heard about this and now wants full custody because "i am living on the streets and the kids are living out of boxes" my parents have a huge house, we each have our own rooms and its nice. will this affect my custody with my ex at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• No, living with your parents may even be a plus. More security, more supervision, etc. Good Luck
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 7:41 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I don't think it would as long as your are providing for them which you are, but I don't have a law degree. The courts you try to look for what is in the best interest of the child. In Wyoming, it is a mother state which is sometimes not good, but I hope things go well for you HUUUUGSS friend me if you need to
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 7:41 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• i dont think so. i think he just thinks he has reason to get the kids back. depending on the situation, i dont think he will. you have a place to stay and ur kids are not living out of boxes.
    dramaMama407

Answer by dramaMama407 at 7:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Probably not. Do you have a job or plan to get one? Living with your parent is not "on the streets" anyway. LOL If he takes you back to court you will just have to explain your situation and your plans.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I seriously doubt it. If he was doing things foolish enough to have his visitations put on hold completely...no judge in their right mind would say "yeah sure, full custody" because you're living with family.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Not at all. I lived with my parents for my DD's first 3 years, I had full custody, still do, as long as it is a safe place your fine
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 7:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• He has to prove you to be unfit. You have the ball in your court. You & your parents are providing a stable home and providing a stable envorement. Then no worries..
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• You should be fine. The judge would have to be an a$$hole to award you ex custody.
    extremelibrary

Answer by extremelibrary at 8:32 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• He's just talking shit and causing you drama. Don't let this loser get to you.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 8:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• No, it won't
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2011