Are you Thankful?

I am so thankful that I live in a natural disaster "free" zone! With all this talk of tornadoes and earthquakes and fires I was thinking about how thankful I am to live in a relatively safe place. (so far..the last natural disaster was a small tornado in 1984 that took out a tree and one trailer)
No hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, rural fires, or floods!
Prayers go out to all the families dealing with the tornadoes in the USA, the floods in Manitoba and the fires in Slave Lake.

tobys.mommy

Asked by tobys.mommy at 7:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Where do you live.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:55 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Yes I am!!! and I pray and keeps those who aren't in such a safe place in my thoughts:)
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 7:55 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I am also thankful, but I don't want to go to in to detail. I don't want to jinkx it and we get this freak weird natural disaster.
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 7:57 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• We used to live in Illinois where there were so many tornadoes, some floods, hard winters, mosquitoes, humidity, etc. Now we live in Las Vegas. It's always sunny and dry with no snow ever, no mosquitoes, no tornadoes, no worries about anything except hot summers. It's such a huge relief to not hear tornado sirens going off all the time! With the horrible tornadoes that have been happening lately in other parts of the country, I'm especially glad to be here. I feel so bad for all the people who have been suffering in other places. It's horrible.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Wow! This is a good, positive post. I am very thankful that the Lord has spared our family from any terrible disasters lately. They've been south of us recently, but we were spared.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I AM very thankful but I believe a natural disaster can happen anywhere.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I live in Alberta
    tobys.mommy

Comment by tobys.mommy (original poster) at 8:00 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I agree Kathy, natural disasters can happen anywhere, but for some reason there doesn't seem to be many in my part little part of the world. Of course now that I've said that I will have to come back tomorrow and update everyone that there was some freak disaster in my city :S
    tobys.mommy

Comment by tobys.mommy (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I am thankful to be alive and for my family! I am also thankful that I don't live in OakLawn Illinois which is 10 minutes away and we had the worst rain and winds and it uprooted trees and crashed into houses and on top of cars!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I used to feel like I am safe from tornados but here in mass we just had a f3 tornodo hit last week, so now I dont feel as safe as I used to. It claimed 4 lives, and destroyed neighborhoods.
    Cassidysmom611

Answer by Cassidysmom611 at 8:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2011