Optimism.

Do you appreciate reading positive posts on cafemom/internet? Wondering if being an optimist ever helps to brighten someone"s day...
I've noticed a lot of people seem to lean towards negativity...What can we do to help lift their spirits?

Ruthmom802

Asked by Ruthmom802 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I have noticed this as well. Some people even seem to take a little pride in being downright nasty and degrading to other people. I think this is "immaturity" and I also think some people just don't lead "healthy happy lives". They tend to feed on throwing an ugly attitude around. What a heavy weight to carry everyday. NO Thanks! LOL. I feel sorry for these people and I hope something happens in their life to turn them around. Life is too short to not enjoy it to the fullest that you can. I'm very thankful that I have a generally bright attitude towards life. It sure HELPS.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I love to read positive posts!!
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• give them a cupcake or a hug? =) I think maybe sometimes it is negative because they need someone to talk or vent to be honest :)
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 8:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I like hearing positive posts. It bugs me when someone says something positive about their husband, for example, and people chime in with something like "Oh wait until you've been married longer and you won't feel that way". There are a lot of bitter women on this site and sometimes being here just makes me happy for the life I have.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• It's good to read your positive comments. I tend to be more of an optimist...You are right, it does help! Thanks everybody. Keep it coming...
    Ruthmom802

Comment by Ruthmom802 (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I lvoe reading positive posts too, I however go NUTS everytime someone says "leave im he wont change" so I try to throw a few encouraging words out there for them and hope it sticks!
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 12:13 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I agree, but unfortunately without more insight its kinda hard to direct the positive to the right person, I would say, hey, smile and the world smiles back.. and if your feeling down, keep in mind that we ALL have troubles, and unfortunately some people have way bigger problems, health issues, missing and exploited children yada yada yada, so smile sweetie, life can be worse, lets lean on eachother to get us through... ????? yeah??
    pook003

Answer by pook003 at 3:06 AM on Jun. 7, 2011