Kids having kids I CANT BELIEVE THIS

I am currently preg with my first baby and i am married and in my 20's. I know a girl from when i was in hs who i talk to on occasion and she is currently 17 ( just turned 17 ) and is a junior going into her senior year of hs. She talks about her bf whos graduated and in love with and how shes so happy and stuff and i said to her, DONT GET PREG low and behold shes 9 weeks and shes soo excited. She asks me all sorts of preg questions day in day out all day and she hasnt told her parents yet shes known for 4 weeks. I tell her ever single day tell your parents and u need prenatal care, but she wont tell then because shes scared of what they will say. Well i am feeling guilty now because i give her all the advice i know because i just went though it and im 8 months now. So i know along the lines of what she may experience. She thinks this boy will stay with her and be with her forever and i am just thinking i doubt it.

I dont know what to say to her and how to get it through her head she has no idea whats to come.

And she tryed to justify her being preg because her 15 year old friend just had her baby, ughhh i am like why r sooo many teens having babys!!!!

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 8:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i'm turning 18 next month i am married have my own place and am 6 in a half months pregnant my husband is 19 we are doing what is best for our baby i feel offended when people talk shit about teens because there pregnant
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 8:20 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• she will learn in time or not....
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 8:22 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Because they believe what the boys tell them,that they love them and be with them forever. also they believe it when the boys say let me show u how much I love u. Then they r pregnant! The parents did not tell them not to believe everything the first boy says. They were not told that these boys will say anything to get in your pants! They were not told to respect themselves and their bodies! Basically they should have been told to keep their legs closed!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• not all teens are like that
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 8:28 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• mamawilber, you are the exception not the rule. Congrats!! I wish both girls and boys would think before they have sex. there is ALL sorts of birth control, why don't they use it? Being a parent is a lifetime committment and it is hard work and very expensive. I will be teaching my boys to cover it up!!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 8:31 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• well i had my 1st baby when i was a teen as well and i was in your same situation mamawilbur but i dont think that that is what Alicia is saying. it seems to me that she is irritated because this seems like a teen that is having a baby but is not in a steadya relationship, not financially prepared, and really not in a place in their life to have/take care of a baby. not realizing what a true toll having baby will take, and that it is a whole new step to life. it does seem that in todays society teen pregnancy is high and that teens that get pregnant without fully understanding the amount of responsibility it will take seem to be on the rise as well. and i have nothing against teen pregnancy but there are alot of teens that i personnally know, not that all are like this, that get pregnant thinking of the novelty of the baby or how cool it would be, not understanding the truths of being a parent, and that thought is scary.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 8:32 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Have her watch that Lifetime Movie - Fifteen and Pregnant. I think Hulu may have had it.
    Anonymous

• I was a teen mom at 17 and I thought that my boyfriend wouldn't leave and would be there for me and the baby..he left when I was 20 weeks and hes never seen his son who is now 8. She will learn some girls it makes you grow up as soon as ou find out and others have to learn the hard way. Sounds like you are doing the right thing by telling her to go to the doctor and tell her parents, other than that you can only be there for if and when things fall apart for her.
    JennMcBride

Answer by JennMcBride at 8:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I had my first baby at 25 and now that I'm 34 I can assure you I'm positive that even I was too young to have a baby, lol. Funny how we can't wait to be old enough to be adults but once it gets here we'd give anything to go back to the time when our biggest dilemma was what will we do on Friday night!
    PTmomma3

Answer by PTmomma3 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I had my daughter at 18, her father left me 3 days before my induction. He had been cheating on me during my entire pregnancy. Almost 2 years later I'm still trying to get my life back. I'm living with my parents because it's the smart thing to do...sure I could go off and live in some crappy apartment and live paycheck to paycheck but I choose to live with my parents whom are so gracious as to have me and my little girl and I'm studying Radiology (second year) at really well known University in the area. I also work part time as a Teacher at a daycare. It irritates me now to see girls like the one you're describing...girls that are just like I was not too long ago because they are so stuck up their boyfriend's asses, they can't see what they are doing to themselves. Before I got pregnant...I had a full time job...was working my way up to a better position, I had straight A's in school, I had a scholarship to a nice out of
    davila26

Answer by davila26 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2011