What are you doing for summer vacation? Staycation or Away?

I wish I could go somewhere but were having a Staycation. Were going to set up a tent in the backyard with Fire and smores.

babyhuey2

Asked by babyhuey2 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Just for Fun

• DH's side of the family is Greek and we go to Greece every year for a few weeks. And then some of the kids will go to my parents in Hawaii for 10 days. DH and I have newborns now so we only get a weekend alone together at home while the babies are at my sisters!
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 8:29 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• DH's family has a cottage on an island, we'll spend a week there, and a few weekends, when others in the fam aren't using it :)
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 8:33 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• We are leaving for Mexico next saturday...our honeymoon. Then in August, we are taking the kids to Florida on vacation.
    In March, we are taking the kids to Mexico.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Free community events... do they count for anything?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:37 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Great America and Lincoln Park Zoo in chicago

Mexish72

Answer by Mexish72 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• We're going back home to CA to visit family. (DH and I both grew up there) We've saved a nice little chunk of cash, so while we're there, we're doing Disneyland, possibly Knott's Berry farm, and DH and I are taking a mini vacation within a vacation. We're leaving our daughter with grandma for a couple of days and going to Vegas just the two of us. It's only a 3 hour drive from where our family lives. I'm excited because this will be my first time in Vegas where I'll be there long enough to explore and do things! The first time I was there, I was only flying through on a layover. The second time, I was only there for 1 night with my MIL and was picking up a flight home from the airport there the next day. MIL didn't want to do any walking or sight seeing, and we stayed off strip so the stay was very uneventful. This time, we've splurged for a luxury room with a spa in it and everything!
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Your Staycation sounds like fun. :) We're going to the smokeys for 5 days and then we are going to do a few more small trips like the zoo, some theme parks and the Beach.. We are going to try and make the most of it this year :)... And I hope everyone else has a great Summer
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Staycation with maybe a weekend or two up north.
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• we're going to visit family in MO
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• We have several camping trips planned during the summer.
    hotfudgesunday

Answer by hotfudgesunday at 8:38 AM on Jun. 6, 2011