Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does the state attorney really do

Do you think there is really an active search for my to pay child support?
Do you think, they've put out a warrent for his arrest?
I'm wondering if he get pulled over for a traffic stop, can they find him like that?
I just picture him living his life carefree.
No kids, no child support - just living the single life.
If I go to a private attorny, what more can they do?
If I had the money for an attorney! Without child support, who can afford to actually search for the deadbeat.
Its just very frustrating.
Its been over two year!
I'm tired of living pay check to pay check, not being able to give my kids everything they need.
There are no extras like going to the movies with friends, birthday parties - there just isn't enough money.
I don't qualify for any state aid - I'm one of those stuck in the middle.
Sometimes wonder if it would be better to quit my job, get food stamps and more help.
Sorry, if this turned into a rant.
And would I be able to get sole custody. On the fact that he has no paid child support or contacted the kids in over two year?
In tx


Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • ***HUGS** I am in a similar situation only difference is I didnt file for child support. He is living th good single life while I live pay check to pay check. My pay is good for a single person but hard with a kid. I just make the best out of my situation. I am fortunate to throw my daughter a big birthday party for her party every year because I am not able to spend casually on her and thats my yearly gift of appreciation to and for her. I am also like you stuck in the middle.. It gets better with time and I just wish you the best.

    custody is not based on support, at least thats what they told me here in MA.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

  • Have you tried googling TX state law or deadbeat dad laws tx?

    Answer by Rosehawk at 8:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

  • Does your court have a family relations office? You could also try contacting the state attorney's office directly and ask them what is being done about tracking down your ex. A friend of mine still can't figure out how they haven't gone after her ex - she doesn't have his address but told them what state he is living in, they have his social security number and he is currently working so you'd think they'd be able to track his social security number at least. Even when he was on probation they supposedly couldn't find him.

    Answer by anon1986East at 10:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

  • What about abandonment? Wouldn't this classify as abandonment?
    We have not moved or even changed phone numbers. My parents also still live at the same address.
    There is no excuses for him to not have at least contacted him children over the past two years.
    Do you think that would hold up on court?

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:44 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

  • I dont think so because they always say you cant force a parent to be a parent so no I dont think the non contacting would qualify.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

  • so, I can get up & leave my children right now. With no worries about anything.
    Its good for dad, why not me? Ill show back up in a few years, maybe when they're 18.
    Just walk back into their lives - no questions asked.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

  • Maybe you can't make him be a father but I think, he's cboosen not to be a father.
    So, would he still intitled?

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:06 PM on Jun. 5, 2011