Do you think it matters?

I am the mother of 3 with another due in August, me and hubby picked out some names but are having a hard time making a decision. He likes all of them and told me to just pick out something on our list before baby gets here lol. I love Joshua, he likes Woodson and our other kids want Garrett, in DH's family they use 2 middle names. So I came up with Joshua Woodson Garrett only problem is our other son is Jonathon Wyatt and he goes by Wyatt, if we use that name him and baby would have the same initals. I love the name but for some reason this bothers me, do you think it matters? Or that we would have 2 boys with J names and my other 2 kids don't "match" like that? Just wondering...thanks!

JennMcBride

Asked by JennMcBride at 8:32 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• This shouldnt matter, and the name is a beautiful one btw. do whatever you feel most comfortable doing because thats all that really matters.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 8:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• You are thinking way too much into !! I really like Joshua Woodson tho! - not so much on Woodson being the first name tho.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 8:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Definitely don't do Woodson as a first or he'll get erection jokes his whole life...in fact, I might ditch DH's choice, and go with Joshua Garrett. Nice name =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:44 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• If your other son goes by Wyatt and you call this baby Joshua, it won't really be like there are 2 boys with J names. In practical terms, there will be Wyatt & Joshua (even though Wyatt technically is J. Wyatt, it won't be like "matching" names.)

You have to go with what matters to you, or what seems like a dealbreaker to you, though. Good luck!
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 12:13 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I dont see it as being a problem.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 5:07 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I actually think it's cool that they'd have the same initials.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 10:04 AM on Jun. 6, 2011