Are all men this dumb????

AF came yesterday and I was tired as hell so I went to bed early. DH gets me up a half hr early to get the kids clothes for school this am bc all three of them and him were running around like mad people trying to get their shit together. 90% of the time, I put them out the night before but last night, I forgot before I went to bed. Well, he proceeds to yell at me saying, "If I would have had the clothes ready for them, he wouldn't be having this problem". My question is, how in the hell is he going to yell at me when he knows damn well where their school clothes are (same place as always) and then WHEN HE DOES FIND THEM, he gives my son and oldest daughter the wrong sizes!!!!! And they ALL wear uniforms which again, they have always worn so it's not like he doesn't know what to put on them. UGH UGH UGH. I'm not mad mad, but just frustrated (just venting) because it's not new to him and he should have known what to do!!!!!

LovingParent08

Asked by LovingParent08 at 8:13 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in General Parenting

• I dont really have this problem anymore since my older kids can basically dress themselves and I remind them to get their clothes out the night before. I also homeschool one of them. But I do have a 3.5 yr old and an 8 yr old and I dont know if my dh even knows what size they wear. I just dont even bother allowing him to dress them. One time I came home and my 3.5 yr old dd was somehow wearing her brothers old clothes that were put in a storage container *shakes head*.

Answer by gemgem at 8:17 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• WOW! My husband is the worst at picking out an outfit for out child who is 3 soon and he still puts clothes on her.... I think thats lame...AND THEY WEAR UNIFORMS>>>>>> JEEEZ whats so hard about about.. I would be a little mad
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:18 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• This doesn't sound dumb to me. It's sounds more like a man who was trying to do the right thing but wasn't quite sure what he should do. So he asked for his wife's help. I think you should be very thankful that your husband is willing to get up and help get the children off to school. My husband is a fine man, but he never did that for me. That was always 100% my responsibility. I'd say you are very blessed to have that kind of assistance.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:19 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• my family could'nt find there underware w/ out me here coaching them along all morning long it's always the same thing hurry hurry hurry and my 11 yr old moves like shes 80 it kills me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Haha my husband would do something like that. I asked him to get the kids dressed a few weeks ago and my daughter, who is 5, came down wearing my son's pants! He is 2 lol. They were like mini capris on her!! I just had to ask him if he was that dumb that he really thought that if those were hers I would put those on her in NOVEMBER.

Now before I get bashed, I know I am lucky to have a husband who helps, and he helps willingly more than any husband I know so I know I am blessed. It just amazes me sometimes.. and some things seem like they should be common sense lol.
    TilmannsGirl

Answer by TilmannsGirl at 8:28 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Husbands are stupid, plain and simple. When I ask mine to give our daughter a bath, I have to be VERY SPECIFIC. If I don't tell him to wash her hair, or be sure to clean her ears, he doesn't do it and then when asked, the reply is "you didn't tell me". DUH! He knows how to wash himself yet can't figure it out when it comes to our daughter. They're clueless ... I often ask him how the hell does he get through his work day without me ... LOL!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• they need to be trained on what to do...they don't just do it themselves!
    aidansmyheart

Answer by aidansmyheart at 8:58 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I think husbands are as "stupid" as you allow them to be! If you MAKE them have to fend for themselves they'll learn--just like children do. If you CONSTANTLY "mother" them, they'll never learn, just like children!

Try leaving the house for an ENTIRE day, leaving your children in the care of your husband. When you come home I bet he'll have a new understanding and respect for what it is you do all day!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Yup... they are that stupid! lol... Actually, I think their minds are programmed to worry about different things than women. Regardless, having to get your own clothes shouldn't cause a major disruption! My mom still lays my dads clothes out most days. You can always tell when he has to do it, and he's far from stupid.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:03 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Years ago (my kids are grown now) my daughter had strep throat and my husband was taking care of her when I was at work. Sure enough, he calls me at work to ask how much medicine to give her. WTF...the amount was on the prescription. DUH!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Dec. 10, 2008