I know this gonna sound stupid but when is the proper age to stop letting brother and sister bathe together?

djavongirl

Asked by djavongirl at 8:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• The reason I say 4.. Is school age children usually need and want their own space.. And younger children bathing together is one thing.
    But kids in school.. Well even the school would probably say something about it..
    2boys4momma

Answer by 2boys4momma at 8:47 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Perfectly good question. I would be concerned too. Usually when boy or girl starts looking at each other's privates from across the tub more than usual...They have reached the curious stage and don't need to be naked together.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I'm not sure why everyone wants to hide our natural bodies. When your child starts asking questions its a GREAT time/opportunity to talk to them about this stuff. Their questions aren't sexual, just natural curiosity. I think some are doing a great disservice to hide this stuff from their kids. They deserve a little more credit. There are days when my kids aren't getting along and my daughter requests to take a separate bath or shower and that's fine too, she gets her space when she wants it...but MOST times, I run the bath and they both jump in, its fine, its normal, its natural and it is most definitely NOT sexual in any way, shape or form.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• When ever you or one of them becomes uncomfortable with it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• When you start questioning it. That's pretty much the time they're ready for their own bath time :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 8:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• my 5 year old son doesnt like to bath anymore.. he takes a shower but he doesnt have a problem with taking a bath with his sister..
    my 3 year old daughter takes a bath with her 2 year old brother - my daughter will be 4 in two weeks tho.. but never had any complaints from them!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 8:37 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• My daughter is 6 and my son is 4 and they still bathe together. As long as they are comfortable with it, I am.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I say anytime after 4
    2boys4momma

Answer by 2boys4momma at 8:45 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I would say about 4 or 5 too.. I do however let them all rinse off together after the pool, even little William and he's not even 2 yet.. My boys are almost 11, 8 and almost 2..
    Patientchild3

Answer by Patientchild3 at 8:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I haven't really had to deal with this one. I only have one child, and I figure that by the time # 2 (due in December) is old enough for baths in the tub, my daughter is going to be too old to want any part in it. (she's almost 5 now) BUT, if I were in that situation, I'd say when they start questioning the differences? We started being a lot more modest around our daughter because she started asking questions. "Daddy, what's that? Why don't I have one?" etc. That's when dh started being more diligent about shutting the door when he uses the bathroom. I've even had to be more conscious and modest around her too because she recently asked me why I had hair there and she didn't. I say once questions like that start, perhaps brother and sister should no longer bathe together.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:02 PM on Jun. 5, 2011