Do you have a friend to call a friend?

after I got pregnant my friends dropped like fly's and the ones that stuck around are just now showing they are not REAL FRIENDS!!!!!! I feel like shit and i know if there fake girls i shouldnt care but i grew up with them it really sucks!!!!!!!!!!! i see on 16 and pregnant and it seems like there friends alwasy stay around why did mine not??? does anyone else have to find out there friends ALL OF THEM are fake???????

teamomija768

Asked by teamomija768 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• yipe happened to me too. afew were jelous because one was trying to get pregnant for a while and the other just had an abortion the yar before so i never heard from them again even though i tried to stay in contact with them. the others have their own lives and work hard and go out all the time, i can't anymore so i was no use to them then. now that i have my baby a few others who were all suportive while i was pregant seemed to have disapeard to after i had him. now i know who my true friends are. theya re the ones who check in every now and again to see how im doing and i can always talk to them whenever i need to or want to. don't worry things will work out. i know its upsetting right now but trust me it will get better
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 10:37 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Let's see 16 and pregnant...they stay around because they get to be on TV.

I already knew when I would get pregnant that all but 1 of my friends would not be close any more. I don't blame them. They are on a different path than I am.
    Just because they didn't stick around doesn't mean that they weren't true friends at the time. It just means that the things that you are interested in are not the same as what they are. You have a child. That is not something that they may be ready to involve in their life or even be able to understand at this point.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• thats what you call fair weather friends
    shefree

Answer by shefree at 8:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I have a couple that are really close friends and I am very blessed for that :)
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 8:45 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• If you are under 18 parental pressure may have something to do with it too. I had a girlfriend get pregnant our Jr yr. I didn't tell my Mom because I knew she would flip out. Mom saw her at a store when she was about 6 months. I was forbidden to even call her. I only got to see her at school. Then She had to transfer to continuation school and we never saw each other after that. I'm not saying what my Mom did was right, but I know a lot of other parents said the same thing. The other thing is, you're moving in a totally diffeent direction than she is now. People grow apart sometimes. Ir just happens.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• yes i had to find this out the hard way as well. Although i wasn't pregnant my dh joined the army. But i have finally found some people that i can truly call my friend. So hang in there and it will get better. And if not at least you have your bundle of joy to look forward too!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 8:41 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• When you get pregnant when you are young(I did too) your "friends" dont have a responsibility like you do they get to be kids still and so they kind dont have much in common anymore.Plus parents dont exactly want their daughters hanging out with the pregnant girl.It sucks but at least you found out right? As you get older you will find real friends the ones you had are all just immature and selfish. good luck
    mammaangelof4

Answer by mammaangelof4 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 6, 2011