I'm having a hard time quitting smoking. Advice?

I am a 34 yo stay at home mom who is trying to quit smoking...again.

I quit over 5 years ago. Everything was fine until a vacation where "just one" went into full blown smoking and addiction. That was 4 months ago. I have not had a cigarette in 2 days and I am in a BAAAADDDDD way. It just wasn't this hard the last time. I am home all day with a four year old who is really going thru an annoying phase at the moment. My husband is also quitting, but he is at work all day and just not a talk it out supportive type person. Plus he is one of those who doesn't have an addictive bone in his body. He is one of those who can actually HAVE "just one".

Anyway....I am suppose to go to the store today and I feel that if I went right now...I would definitely buy a pack. I really don't know if this is a good time to quit or not. Maybe I should be doing this gradually?? Ugh. I just don't know....

Thanks for listening.

Heather_Rayne

Asked by Heather_Rayne at 8:45 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Health

• The Medical Stop Smoking Shot is a new and improved smoking cessation shot. Medical Stop Smoking Center is prepared to help you overcome your smoking addiction with the Medical Stop Smoking Shot.

This highly-effective medical stop smoking injection is based on a patented process using FDA-approved medications to eliminate physical withdrawal symptoms. It’s quick, easy and painless and best of all... the results are immediate. Quit smoking today.

kim168

Answer by kim168 at 8:50 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I quit about 3 years ago and it was SOOOO hard! Every time I think about starting back I remember how difficult it was, and how much better I feel. Sometimes, though, especially if I go out with some of my friends that smoke I wonder if I could "just smoke one"....so I know where you're coming from...but try not to give in! You can do it!
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2008