What are the best things to say when asked 'when you are ganna have another kid'?

what are the best things to say to get people off your back with out em thinking you are not wanting kids, but not letting em on about TTC?
we have a 7 year old and we have been TTC for almost two years, i have been asked this question over and over, when my daughter was really young we tended to say 'well shes only a toddler and already a handful we are kinda waiting til we have enough room(since we lived in a small 2 bedroom place) and til shes in school'..... then i got off BC before she started kindergarten.... then we would just say 'we are waiting til we have enough room...' but ever since we bought a house with room to spare, we are constantly bombarded with the Q (which doesnt help the frustration of TTC) with family member, after family member having babies on both sides the subject seems to come up more.....
only a few people know that we are TTC and we dont want anymore to know because then THE whole other kind of questioning starts even more.

RobinEsMommy

Asked by RobinEsMommy at 9:05 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• just say not right now
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 9:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• tell them when and if it happends it happends. or to mind there own damn bissiness. we will when we will. stop making excuses cause eventually ur going to run out-
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 9:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I just said "I don't know" and changed the subject.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Tell them you're not having anymore kids, that should stop the Q's.
    Or you could always go with Gee I didn't know you were so into our sex life!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Tell them to take a hike. If they want to know the personal details of your life that's too damn bad.
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 9:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• We have one child. He would LOVE to be a big brother and my husband and I both get "baby eyes" when we have a friend or family member with a new baby. But I've had 6 miscarriages and my husband has agreed to get a vascetomy. Before we decided we were done trying, our answer was, "whenever God says it's our time to be parents again." But now, the answer is never. Our close friends and most of our family know what has happened the horrible times we've had because of the miscarraiges, so they don't press for more information when we tell them he's getting fixed. Anyone who doesn't already know and asks why doesn't need to know and my answer is, "it's personal."
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• ask them why they aren't busy making another baby
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 9:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• heehee some of those things i cant say cuz most of the people that ask are older, ie; grand parents and great grandparents
    RobinEsMommy

Comment by RobinEsMommy (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• The truth.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 9:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I would probably say "Wow, getting a little personal, aren't you?"
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2011