Is it true that the Bible predicts that people won't be able to afford a place to live?

If it is true where does it say it in the Bible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Even if it did, so what. People need to make their life what they want it to be by acting for themselves. If people would stop relying on a book to dictate their lives, and create their own fate maybe we'd have a more peaceful world.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:18 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I don't know of any place in the Bible that it says that specifically. There is a passage in Revelation 4 where it talks about "a quart of wheat for a day's wages", but I'm not sure if that is referring to something that was going on at that time (approximately 90 AD) or if that was a predictor of future events.

Sometimes, people who claim that the Bible says things like "the Bible says we won't be able to afford a place to live" tend to use such statements as scare tactics, IMO. (Not saying you're doing that, OP.) Religion is supposed to give people hope, not cause them to live in fear.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 9:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• There have been homeless as long as there have been homes. But no, it's not biblical...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Never heard it, but think it applies to a variety of times in history (look at the long history of serfdom, where the serfs lived on the king's land without owning it, plus had to give him a significant portion of their crops! Talk about not being able to afford a place to live!)
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• LOL I have not heard that yet. But it won't be long before someone creates a Bible passage to say that. You know how that goes.The creativity among those who can twist Bible verses to push their agendas is amazing.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Not to my knowledge, I've never heard of that.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 9:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Never heard of that, but then again, I only believe in the OT, maybe it's in the NT.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 9:30 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I've never heard of this, but if it means that nobody will be able to afford a place to live, will all the structures be empty? And whether you have a structure over your head or not, you're still "living".
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I have never seen this anywhere before.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 8:11 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Never heard of this before.....
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 10:55 PM on Jun. 5, 2011