I'm thinking of signing up for a home business in September...

here is what I'm interested in. I LOVE to cook, I also like home decor stuff. I am in the process of trying to lose weight, and I'm also interested in Xpress HealthCare. I do like candles, I did Scentsy once for awhile but stopped. I won't go back, I went without power for 3 days and all I had was Scentsy wickless candles which proved to be completely useless. They smell good... but if I go with a candle company it's got to be one that sells REAL candles too.

I AM NOT interested in Ameriplan (they don't provide service in my home state) or Melaleuca. Why should I join your company?

miss_lisa

Asked by miss_lisa at 9:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• I am not a consultant anymore, but I still think Pampered Chef is one of the best home businesses out there. Mainly because I really love their stuff, so it's not hard to be passionate about the products and company. The package is one of the steeper start-ups, but it is all stuff you keep and a great deal, really. And then you don't HAVE to buy any products at all - you place the orders to the company, but you don't prebuy and resell like in some other businesses.

If there is any home business that you already love the products, you are halfway there. Definitely check out their business model, but if you can't get excited about the product/service it's probably not a good fit for you.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:14 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• i think that you didn't give scentsy enough of a try. Candles can catch fire very easily and are toxic. Just the soot alone has proven to cause allergies and damage to walls that it's near. I myself work for scentsy and see many of the benefits to using the warmers and selling the product. I have a hard time standing behind or selling something that i can't use myself or justify buying. I have four very rambunctious children and a dog and a cat and these warmers are wonderful for my home. I have left them on for days at a time without a worry about them catching fire. And they wont b/c of the wattage that is used. Now i know that i am going on and on about the product so now for the selling point. Why did you leave? Did you have a bad experience with selling them? I had never heard of them before i became a consultant and since i have joined 3 weeks ago i have made more money than i would have with a part time job!! think
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 9:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• about it. The wonderful thing about this company is that you can come back and the products basically sell themselves. Any questions you can always message me personally. I am not trying to be pushy i just hate to see you not give it a chance when it could really be great experience.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 9:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I am not a consultant of any company but I just wanted to let you know that you should pick a company that is part of DSA (Direct Sellers Association). Also request to look at the agreement and policy & procedures before you sign anything. Good luck in what ever you decide.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I am with Scent-sations. We sell melts like Scentsy but also have candles, beauty products, and bath/body products. Good luck with your search!
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:24 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• amberpaiz... I'd rather have soot and light than no light at all because I didn't keep any real candles in my home because all I had is Scentsy.

Thankfully we had flashlights, but candles are definitely useful and less expensive to keep on.
    miss_lisa

Comment by miss_lisa (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• amberpaiz Did you miss the part about NO ELECTRICITY for 3 days and NO REAL CANDLES?

Im with Pre-Paid Legal services, we are actually a 39 years old business that offers you legal services and Full 5 point Identity theft services for you your spouse and all your minors.
    They off a Free living will and Will, Unlimited 24/7 free advice, Unlimited Free phone calls on your behalf, Contract and document review, and Free Letters drafted on your behalf as well as Pre-trial and Trial time..your 5 point IDT theft is also with the #1 company in the World as well as complete restoration on 5 point (HEalth ins #'s, driveers lic #s, ALL financial info, SS #'s, and Criminal and character intent)
    we are on FOrbes top 100 small Business list for the entire US, NYSE publicly traded and BBB + rated for 17 yrs., listed w Fortune, wall Street journal, Money Mag, to name some & we are #1 with US Chamer of Commerce in Business and Comp plan.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I am a Team Mentor with Tastefully Simple....have you ever heard of us??  Well, we sell amazing food.  We do home parties, simple and quick parties.  I pass a tray of food samples around, talk about the product, have  a great time, take orders, go home...enter them into the computer and go to the bank.  It IS that simple!!  I would love to talk more about that  if you are interested.  AND...we are having a sign up bonus if you sign AND process $400 in orders by June 30th, TS gives you a $50 Visa Gift Card and I will match it!! Everyone loves to eat, shop and have a great time...oh..and I forgot to mention...we are direct ship to the client so no fussing with orders...AND....we get paid on the spot!!

Check it out www.tastefullysimple.com/web/chayden1 I would love to fill you in :-)

Cara Hayden
    Team Mentor-Tastefully Simple
    joinTStoday

Answer by joinTStoday at 6:12 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I have a Gift Basket Business and I love it and yes it is legit!:-)

I do this all from home:-) This may or not be for you, but thought I offer:-)

What are your passions?Can you afford $19.95 a month with no parties required,no quotas, or inventory? I'm a gift consultant for La Bella Baskets, absolutely love it and I do get paid every 2 weeks a check .:-) My check is on my profile, so com[letely legit! If your interested in having a gift basket business p.m. for more info.:-) Ask me how you can start your own gift basket business for $1.97:-) Which will be ending soon.
    After 7 days it's $19.95 a month! That's it!
    Great ways to make extra money:-)
    3 ways to make money:
    recruiting
    sales
    corporate membership accounts

Have a Beautiful Day!:-)
    Best of luck on your search!:-)
    Jen
    Gift Basket Biz
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 8:37 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I am a rep with Scent Sations. We offer gourmet candles, mineral make up and anti aging skin care products. You can sell one or all of the products it is up to you. I joined Scent Sations because of the candles. I use warmer s also but I like the flame of a candles and I love that these have hardly no soot. Send me a message if you would like more information.
    Good luck
    Kari
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 6, 2011