Harrassment from ex and family?

Over the past 4 months or so, on and off my ex has become something like a nuisance. We got together when I was fairly young, stayed together for 4 years, I had my son when I was 20, and by the time I was 21, he told me he wanted nothing to do with us, called the police on me to have me removed from his(mothers) house and went on about his life. We were involved in 2 domestic cases with DFACS he never completed it and failed all the drug tests which was apart of the program for him to regain custody of my son. My son and I lived in hotels for awhile, I finally saved up enough money and got my own place. I would ask him to help me with my son, he just blew me off, going so far once to spit in my face. I left him alone, and soon after he got himself caught up in some mess and ended up serving a year and a half in prison. All this time from when I was about 21 to now, 24, him nor his family had nothing to do with me or my son. No call, no support, no nothing. Now he is out of prison, he pops up every so often and asks to see my son, I let him see him in the past and all I requested was assistance, help take care of him since I have been doing it on my own now for 4 years. He never does. I am now getting married and about to have my second son, my ex got news of this from my father, whom he also harrasses calling him day and night trying to keep tabs on me. He has become more presistent over this last month, knowing I am due soon, yet never asking how he can help support my son, just looking for a way to stay in the picture. He has gone so far to stalk me on facebook, pops up at my dads house, and is now giving out my email address to his family members. I am truly becoming annoyed with this. My son has no idea who he is, and has a great relationship with his step father whome he has know over 2 out of the 4 years of his life. My ex kicked us out and told me to leave him alone, now because Im doing good he wants back in (he's told me this numerous times). I want to get a restraining order and just to be left alone.I plan on filing for his parental rights based off abandomnet amongst other things, but I am waiting until I go back to work as I guess that would make me look better idk. You don't bounce in and out of a childs life when it is convinient to you and for his family to be so bold to keep bothering me when I have heard nothing of them in 3 years strikes me as rather bold.

thelovelymzbre

Asked by thelovelymzbre at 9:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• I have been there. I finally snapped at the ex's family and since then there has been no problems. As a matter of fact, I had to report the ex's now ex common law wife to Facebook for threatening me with physical harm. I am greatful that I don't have to deal with him or his crazy family and neither does my son.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:38 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• waow im so sorry, i am no help. but want to wish you all the best of luck on everything and congrates for the new baby and geting married. well doe for doin so well for yourself
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 10:56 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• go ahead and get that restraining order! your dad too since he bothers him too. good luck on your new life and congrats on the new baby. wish u well!
    krisnroc

Answer by krisnroc at 12:17 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• All of the items you list are excellend reasons for a restraining order - go to Legal Aid for help. Don't wait until you get a job - you have been the sole support (financial/emotional) for the majority of your son's life - you already look good. You left your ex alone like he asked you, got yourself together and are now happy and expecting and still have to put up with your ex's mess? Hell to the No. Way to get it together ma - now finish it off and get him out of your/son's life for good. GL
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 12:22 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I agree, you need to go ahead with this now! I dont know what your settings on facebook are, but mabe privatize everything... and for an email i would change it, and only let those who NEED it have it... Good Luck hon and congrats!!!
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 12:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2011