What's going on???

My period is not due for another 4 days, but I did an early pregnancy test today because I am applying for a new job that requires me to take a few months of physical training and I wanted to make sure I was in the clear. To my surprise the test came back positive, that was the last thing in my mind been I have a LONG history of infertility issues. Well the whole thing is that I have been spotting a little today, and I am confused. I thought that every woman gets the implantation spotting shortly after they become pregnant, but I don't think I ever got that. I know most likely I didn't become pregnant 5 or 6 days ago because my husband and I have not been together for almost 10 days (he is away for work.) So now I am confuse, worry, and scare about what in this earth is going on with me... I'll appreciate all the help and knowledge I can get... Thank You...

GodPRKitty

Asked by GodPRKitty at 9:41 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Some women do not have any implantation bleeding and it is possible to have spotting through out a pregnancy. I would say wait and take another test in a day or two when you are closer to getting your period. You mentioned that you had a history of infertility issues...are you on fertility drugs? Some fertility medications can cause a false positive.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 9:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• No no-drugs... That's why I am so surprise...jijijijiji
    GodPRKitty

Comment by GodPRKitty (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I spotted when I was pregnant on and off for the first 6 weeks or so...my doctor said nothing is wrong as long as the blood isn't bright red. Is the bleeding pink? brown?
    davila26

Answer by davila26 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Brown... I been having having it on and off most of the day, but is not a consistent flow or anything...
    GodPRKitty

Comment by GodPRKitty (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• That's very normal. Especially that normal. Brown blood = old blood. It happens often. No need to worry at all. You may even cramp in the beginning. If you do, take it easy just to be safe (cause you've had fertility issues) and drink tons of water...drinking lots of water will usually help with the cramping. Call and schedule your first OBGYN appointment tomorrow....they will decide when they want to see you and you can ask them any other questions your may have...and the sooner you make contact with a doc, the sooner you'll have a medical professional to call at any time you are worried! Congrats on your pregnancy and good luck!
    davila26

Answer by davila26 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• especially that EARLY*
    davila26

• Congratulations!!!! brown spotting is normal (like the other ladies said above)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:41 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Brown spotting is normal and not everyone get's implant. bleeding.
    3mclark

Answer by 3mclark at 10:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Thank you ladies for all your comments; I re-tested today with a digital pregnancy test and it confirmed my suspicion.
    I AM PREGNAN!!!
    GodPRKitty

Comment by GodPRKitty (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Jun. 7, 2011