Music taste

Does the kind of music you listen to give people the right to wonder what kind of parent you are? I mean I listen to all sorts of music:
Lords of Acid
Rammstein
The Cure
Covenant
Cake
Apoptgyma Bezerk
Mercy Me

deniseh1973

Asked by deniseh1973 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• No it doesnt mean ur gonna be a bad parent. Thats like saying just cuz someone likes to watch R rated movies they r gonna be a bad parent.
    Hopeful44

Answer by Hopeful44 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• No, taste in music does not indicate what kind of parent you are. I listen to metal and hard rock for the most part but that doesn't mean I'm a bad parent. I might get a few odd looks from other parents who don't share my taste in music but I don't think it gives them the right to question my ability as a parent.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 10:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Of course it does! Don't you know I am a child beating, whoring drug addict because I don't listen to praise and worship music all day? < end sarcasm >
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• No. Really, if watching the news has taught us anything, it's to keep an eye on our neighbors who seem so "quiet and NORMAL". They're always the ones with the half-eaten bodies buried in their back yards. ;)
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• i listen to all kinds of music and expose my kids to it too....anything from classical to rock to hip hop....i try to play the clean versions of songs when i can....id probably poke an eye out if all we listened to was kiddie stuff
    nocode5

Answer by nocode5 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Nope. I like and listen to everything from classical, hard/classic rock, jazz, r&b, hip-hop, country, rap and expose my kids to it too. They can sing a Beatles or an Aerosmith song, rap along with Jay-Z, name a jazz artist, and one can even play Chopin. If that's bad parenting, so be it.
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 12:14 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I hope not, 'cause I like Cake!
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 10:02 AM on Jun. 6, 2011