Is it just me?

Does anyone come across aquaintances who try to seem genuine when they are anything but? Are you ever caught in public w/o makeup or dressed nice because you're simply being a mom, out getting done what you need to get done and you run into someone who thinks they're obviously better-and it just makes you feel insecure or like crap because you're caught off guard?

I cannot stand women who smile @ me with this smug look on their face as if you're lucky to be in their presence. It literally makes me sick.

So I'm wondering...is it just me? (And if you're here to say you're perfect & that you're life is also nothing but-then move along. I want real answers from real moms, thanks.)

805doll

Asked by 805doll at 10:19 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• I always go out without make-up on if I'm not going to work or somewhere special I just don't have the time for it with 3 kids. And yes I know the type of people you’re talking about I seem to run into them often enough. And I can't stand them there so nice to you up front but you know they don't have anything nice to say about you so you’re not alone I think any honest person can say they have been there.
    3mclark

Answer by 3mclark at 10:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• My life is not perfect but I do not care what others think
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Who likes to be around someone that thinks that they are better than you or me.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 10:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Feel the same way. They think they have the perfect little kids with their perfect little outfits, but they living all living with her parents. I have actually had one who would tell me how much she make a year and how much she paid for her purse, but her marriage is hanging on by the threads. It may be good on the outside, but the more than likely have turmoil when they close their front door. It irritates me too.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I hate people like this. This is how my boss is and i cant stand it. I hate it when people make me feel like this.
    krisnroc

Answer by krisnroc at 11:05 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• i dnt really know many people here so i don't really care what they think about how i look. iv always been like this. as long as i am comfortable i don't really care.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 10:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I was simply wanting to hear others' experiences w/that. It's not that I care what other people think, but I live in a very small town where I run into the same women all the time. This must be normal and I am just out of my mind.
    805doll

Comment by 805doll (original poster) at 10:31 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Ugh my slow internet!!! Thank you for those two comments -3mclark & babygirl0782 : )
    805doll

Comment by 805doll (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I have to keep stopping myself -- I am always seeing how others are dressed, how in-shape are they-- just so I can beat myself up because I'm never as cute/stylish/thin/etc...
    no one else has to do anything to make me feel this way... I do it to myself and and working really hard at being more confident
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• A girl I WAS friends with was dating a guy who used to like me when we were younger,I was out one day doing errands(not looking so good sweat pants, hair not done) and she made sure that he saw me like that. My hubby who was my boyfriend at the time was like omg I cant believe she is that insecure and a jerk that she made sure that he saw you!!! I look back at it now and think its funny because she really wanted to seem like eeewww did you see her but even on my worst day I aint her !!!! Thank God LOL
    mammaangelof4

Answer by mammaangelof4 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2011