I've been thinking about starting some sort of disaster relief organization...

In light of all the tornadoes that have ripped through the mid west in the past month or so it's really got me thinking that I want to play an active, front row role in helping these types of natural disaster victims recuperate from all the destruction and displacement that's occurred.

How would I go about starting a disaster relief organization? All I want to do is help....I don't have to be the red cross, but I don't want to be someone who writes a check and that be the end of it!

Please bump if you will, I want to get as many responses so I can get an idea of what I'd need to do.....
Thank you!

BeachyBabe

Asked by BeachyBabe at 10:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I've been where you are and long story short, I would suggest looking for an organization that is already doing what you want to do and volunteer with them. Unless you want to do something that no one else is doing, it's really a more effective use of your energies to join up with a preexisting group.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 2:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2011