Do you have someone close to you in the military? Question about phone conversations?

What are the things that you are not supposed to be talking about? I know you are not suppose to ask for specific info such as the exact day when you love ones will come home. Also I know the conversations are being recorded any reasons besides the obvious ones??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• My husband is in the Army and currently in Afghanistan. What the PP said is correct. They will shut the phone down on you if they feel too much info has been given. He has deployed to Iraq 3 times and we did have the phone shut down on us a couple of times. We now have code talk or will talk on skype. It seems to work for us.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I ask my sons all kinds of questions and he'll answer what he can and tells me, “I can't answer that one”, so I let it go, lol Just a mothers curiosity and worry :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• my husband is active duty- don't talk about their exact location when deployed, details about missions, dates that things are going to happen, capabilities of equipment/ unit; also if there are any deaths or injuries- don't discuss names (the family needs to be notified first)

elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:31 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Elizabiza thanks.
    I've always wondered.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2011