Tummy troubles ever since I had my daughter...any ideas? adult content

When I was pregnant with my daughter I had the usual nausea in the beginning but then I started puking up yellow/green stuff every once in a while and had bouts of gas that could knock you out it smelled so bad...no joke. I even had a few instances where I'd burp and it smelled like it came out of my butt.

Well, I had my daughter (2 years ago) and now nothing has changed....it's gotten worse. The belching is a lot less frequent but I ALWAYS feel bloated, always have HORRIBLE gas, sometimes when I eat spicy or greasy foods I get really bad pain in my stomach and feel the need to vomit...if i do vomit the pain subsides for a few minutes but then I need to vomit again and I do that over and over til I'm puking up bile...this has been happening more frequently lately and I'm almost ALWAYS at least a little nauseated.

I've been to my primary care physician about this twice...last time was almost a year ago and he referred me to a gastroenterologist....I'm stubborn and thought I was better so I didn't go....well I called them and got the info and made an appoint...I go on wednesday but I was curious to see if anyone had any ideas before I go

davila26

Asked by davila26 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Health

• Check out Brendawatson.com. It sounds to me like You need to balance your gut. Probiotics for starters. That website can give you guidelines for choosing one. Or you can go to your local health food store and talk to the staff. Personally, I think that garden of life makes the best supplements in the universe. Primal defense is what I use. Your GI tract is the basis of your immune system, so you gotta get that figured out. You may have developed a fod sensitivity or allergy. Dairy products and gluten are known to cause severe digestive issues like this. Hopefully your specialist will point you in the right direction. If drugs and surgery are suggested without a serious look at your diet, I would definitely seek more opinions.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I was going to recommend probiotics too
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I also have difficulty swallowing and diary products tend to ease my symptoms a little.
    davila26

Comment by davila26 (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I, personally, would see a gastroenterologist.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 11:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• good luck

mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 11:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• dustbunny....i am....

i just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas before i go. i'm really nervous.
    davila26

Comment by davila26 (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Hi there. I think the GI doctor is the best bet. By the way friend, I have been trying to write to you but for some reason the message box will not accept any input. If you are able, please write me and perhaps we could try regular email if you want to. If you will message me yours then I will reply and we can really talk. Thanks.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 12:26 AM on Jun. 6, 2011